Audiobahn Review

maxmk8

Registered
I got 2 Audiobahns 1006W. 10 inch subwoofers. They hit INCREADIBLY hard. I went from kicker C10s with a kicker ZR120 amp ... I think they were rated at 90 watts RMS each. These are rated at 900rms each. It's pretty crazy as to how much power they put out. I got the Audiobahn HC2200 amp running at 1 ohm putting out 1600 watts RMS to the subs that I wired up in parallel. The whole setup including the interior speakers and mounting the amp behind the rear seat, took me probably 10hrs to complete. Everything on the interior looks stock no wires are showing. The trunk still needs work since I got the amp for the interior lying around in there. I got some pics as well. Now I only need to wait for my other set of kappas to come in to put in the back.

RE: Audiobahn Review

Oh yea to sum it up. If you want bang for the buck, they are probably it. But sound quality is rather low once you get way up there in the bass. But I dont' listen to them at those levels anyways since i think it would rattle the car apart and would be just too obnoxious.

RE: Audiobahn Review

Not necessarily. I just decided to live with it. It was just a hiss at low levels that was hardly noticable. But since i bought quality speakers and amps I expected that there would be somewhat less then what there was. But once everything was installed and i did some more fine tuning of the gain etc etc its pretty good better than before.

Back