JBL CD changer problem

JC

Registered
I've got the JBL 10 disc CD changer in the trunk. It started having problems changing CD's and would default to the radio and the readout would say "NO CD". It was random which number CD would cause this. I would take out the cartrige and replace it and it would be OK. Now it woun't play at all and removing and replacing the cartrige does no good. Does anyone have suggestions?

RE: JBL CD changer problem

I searched for but couldn't find a 'fix', but I recall something about removing and cleaning the changer. FWIW I have a spare, and since I intend to upgrade the stereo, I don't need it. So if you do, just let me know.

How do I remove the piece that encloses the changer in the trunk?

Mine started doing that also, then wouldn't give up my CD's at all (can't get the cartridge out!).....

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Mine started doing that also, then wouldn't give up my CD's at all (can't get the cartridge out!).....
[/div]

I had the stuck cartridge problem, too. The dealership was able to remove it, and sent the cd player out for repair for me. They told me that it's not always possible to return the cds immediately - sometimes the cartridge is so stuck that cds and all have to be sent in! :eek:

There are at least two different part numbers on slightly different CD changers. The early ones have a small silver box on top that has recepticles for two plugs. The later ones have no silver box and a single plug.

older changer part #: F3LF - 18C830 - AA
newer changer part #: F6LF - 18C830 - AB

I took mine apart, cleaned it and reinstalled it. It worked through one cycle and three more discs then jamed (NO CD). I then contacted Randy at Sipple Electronics at 877-404-4516. He sold me a reconditioned unit for $125 plus S&H. It's in and working fine. I sure did miss my tunes!

CD Changer "No CD" Fix

CD Changer "No CD" Fix

I've got the JBL 10 disc CD changer in the trunk. It started having problems changing CD's and would default to the radio and the readout would say "NO CD". It was random which number CD would cause this. I would take out the cartrige and replace it and it would be OK. Now it woun't play at all and removing and replacing the cartrige does no good. Does anyone have suggestions?

Some have said that removing the ground cable for 5 minutes and reinstalling it fixes the problem. The bad part, IMO, is that it causes the engine computer to go through it's "self-tuning" calibration again for awhile.

I just fixed mine today by unplugging the CD changer itself for about 10 minutes while I changed a brake/turn lamp. Almost forgot to plug it back in as I was buttoning-up the area.

Plugged back in, I tested it with bated breath (not "baited breath", like I ate some bad shark chum or something) from the cabin and BLAM! I was listening to music I hadn't heard for almost a year! Cycled through all the CDs and many tracks on each, and I'm now a happy camper. :)

It worked. Wish I'd done this simple thing before the 2600+ mile jaunt to and around northern California last month.

Back