Spring Cleaning

J

joeychgo

Ok, several questions here. I have a black 1994 mark viii and want to do some "spring cleaning".

First -- what do people think of paintless dent removal companies? I have a small dent on the quarter panel I want to fix. No paint chips or crease, just a ding about the size of a golf ball

Second -- I have a 2 foot long scratch on the lower part of the door. Too deep to buff out. So whats the best procedure to fix and make as least noticable as possible.

Third, although I have the car washed & waxed by a car wash regularily, I want to do a great job this spring and give it a total reconditioning on the exterior.

Suggestions & advice?

RE: Spring Cleaning

Well, to your first question I have to answer that it very much depends on the skill of the "ding-king" or whoever does it. I can tell you that I had a customer of mine who happens to be one of them taking out about 10 door dings in my passenger side and I have to say that those were the best $80 I ever spent on a car! It looks just like there never were any dings at all.

So, it works, if done right!

Have a great day,
Marcus.

Joey,

Talk to Paul "Last Mrk" Christenson. He said he had great results with the paintless dent removal shop, and since he lives in the Chicago area, I'm sure he'll give you the name of the place that did it.

I've got a tiny ding behind my driver's door and plan to do have it done too. It's barely noticable from a distance, but it's right there for me to see every time I get in the car.

I had a little one done on a fender last year, and you can't even tell there was ever a problem with it.

It's great. After they finish you can't see any dent. I think I paid $55 per panel. I don't know how bad your scratch is but I had my car "touched up" for $40.

Actually, I went to a detail shop yesterday, and as part of the wax job, they got out paint and a little brush and touched it up no charge......

In order for one to do spring cleaning one would need SPRING to finally arrive!

In order for one to do spring cleaning one would need SPRING to finally arrive!

It was here just a couple days ago but where'd it go?
Buuuuuuuuurrrr :'(

'Ya,it was like 79 here in Joisey! I took great advantage of it! I spent 6 hours doing the Fleetwood 60 Special! Wash/Wax/Vacumn/Seats/door panels/trunk/under hood/whitewalls/wheels.
3 hours in the AM & 3 hours after 4PM. Concours Show-ready & BACK in the crotch! 2 down..... 3 to go. Cold today ! drizzling, too :(

Back