Getting my wifes 97 painted

Eli

Registered
My wifes 97 Base model which is currently opal opalescent will be painted in the next month/month and a half. It will be a House of Kolors deep blue candy. The painter just got done painting a 70 Monte Carlo that will be featured in a magazine (I will find out which one and post it here). He does EXCELLENT work and is extremely anal. An abundance of pics will be posted here when the work begins so that everyone can see his before/after pics. His prices are excellent as well.

RE: Getting my wifes 97 painted

what are you doing the about the door jams and the engine compartment? My mark is the same color and have thought about doing a different color, but wasn't sure because of these two areas.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
what are you doing the about the door jams and the engine compartment? My mark is the same color and have thought about doing a different color, but wasn't sure because of these two areas.
[/div]

He will be removing as many body panels as possible. We will most likely drop the K-member/engine several inches to facilitate engine bay painting. He also said he can get spray lacquer to match the paint that is available in spray cans, which makes it easier to get to the hard to reach areas. I wish I could afford to remove the engine for the paint job, but I can't. This will have to do, and honestly I think it will look factory. Like I said, I will have plenty of pics so if there is something you want to see specifically, let me know and I will take pictures for you.

Thanks Trix. ;)

You gonna go monochrome (à la LSC) or keep the chrome? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

Hey, while you're at it, you might want to consider that 3M "clear bra" stuff for the front bumper after the paint cures. I've heard nothing but good stuff about it. Nothing's more depressing than chips and bug marks on a new paint job.

Ah, good point on the 3M! I forgot about that stuff; I was very impressed the first time I saw it, so I wouldn't mind the protection. With the candy it will be impossible to repair. And yes, it will be monochromatic, as I hate the way these cars look in light colors, and also with the chrome trim. I will fill as much as possible to make the lines look very smooth. I am pretty excited. Thanks for the replies.

post some pics, im trying to picture it in my head, and not getting a clear vision yet.

When you get the pics post them. If you can please try to get a few of the engine area and door jam. I am interested to see how it comes out.

No problem. It will probably be a couple of weeks before he gets it in, I was just excited to hear the news and thought I would post here. I plan on being present for the majority of the work. If I ran a business, I would hate customers like me. :D

You sound like me. If I am not doing the work on my cars I am the person that is right there overlooking everything. The guy I have do the work I cannot do or just do have time do is use to me doing this and invites me into the shop to oversee the work.

I like the sound of the color you are going with. I thought about going with a color that is very close to the opal color I havenow to avoid a big color difference in the areas I talked about, but I really want a darker color. So keep us posted.

Back