Dumping the S-10 for....

RE: Dumping the S-10 for....

diesels are cool. So when you getting propane for it?

I'm about to dump my S10 too. Someone came along and traded me a '93 S10 Blazer 4x4 with a 4.3 Vortec for my '78 Chevy. Blazer came with 2 12's, too. Not a bad trade, IMO.

7.3L PowerStrokes Rock!:) I drive this 6-speed 2002 F-250 SuperDuty
every day...

http://mark8.org/users/driller/pics/F250driv.jpg

The 7.3L intercooled turbocharged powerplant is loaded with torque.
Hauling loads and towing is no challenge. We have a couple F-350s in
the work fleet for heavy work.

http://mark8.org/users/driller/pics/2002F250.htm

Funny, the other day the clutch slave cylinder went bad.:( Drove it
power shifting it the remainder of the trip to a dealer.:eek: The only
rental they had was a 2003 S10! The guys at work were really ragging
on me that day!:D Actually 2 days, they originally said they had the
part in stock, but the next day they told me it was the wrong one and
had to order the correct slave cylinder in. One of our mechanics
later told me Ford has about 7 different ones!

ive been thinking about picking up a truck for winter use if i move up north. how do these do in the snow? i wouldnt be getting anything as new as these, probably late 80s early 90s. i was considering a dually, but id most likely pick up a chevy 4x4 or a dodge dakota. still very unsure having never owned a truck before. id like an extended cab to fit some speakers but its not necessary. u guys seem to have some experience with a few different trucks, maybe u can toss an opinion my way.

ive been thinking about picking up a truck for winter use if i move up north. how do these do in the snow?

LOL! I push snow with the bumper!:) Of course my gross vehicle weight in the F-250 is over 8000 pounds! In my rural development, I'm usually the only one out and about 'til the plow trucks come by, then every one else's "SUVs" come out AFTER they get done snowblowing out their driveway.

One word of caution... tires! New or used, 2WD or 4WD, have good tires. I cannot believe how new vehicles are outfitted with tires rated 'M&S' that are total crap in the winter!

Several years back I had an F-350 diesel dually('91?) - that thing was a tank in the winter. I literally rescued a whole scout troop from the local campgrounds one early spring blizzard. After a half dozen trips I wearily drove home only to high center in a drift 200 feet from my own driveway!

My little department at work jsut bought a 03 6.0L diesel Ford. I have put many a mile on the F250 7.3L that I have driven, but this 6L pulls a lot better than the 7.3. The main reason being the gearing in the tranny, and the high revving capabilities. I have driven 7.3's that were a lot faster unloaded than this truck is, but if I were pulling the 16,000lb test trailer we have, I would take the 6.0L any day.

The t-lag on the 6.0L is the only dowside to the engine.

Nah no propane.. Im going with a Banks Powerpack, and a few other things, 8 inch edge lift with 38inchers.. and for more info its a 2001 350 ext cab lariat, full leather, 24k, 4x4 , 7.3, very clean in and out

Back