Lincoln LS / SHO Engine Swap

startacus

Registered
I'm new to this board, so HELLO! Anyone know if swapping a Lincoln LS V8 motor into a 96 Taurus SHO is possible? Thanks for all insight and responses..

RE: Lincoln LS / SHO Engine Swap

dont forget (depending on the year) that the Lincoln LS is about 90% german. I tried to look at a wireing problem for a buddy thinking "oh its just a ford" but no it is not! everything was different. mateing it up to an american car is would be a really fun to watch. also you may not have the room for the motor n stuff.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Anything's possible, it all depends on your level of skill and your ingenuity.However this would be tough as the Taurus is FWD and the LS is RWD. You'd be better off with a 4.6 out of a FWD Continental.http://members.tccoa.com/lastmrk/Images/lastmrk2.jpg
[/div]

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for about the same or more HP than I've got right now. Of course, with a blown engine, the actual HP number is kinda low. 3.4 Liter SHO motors are difficult to find. I was thinking the LS motor would be a nice fit, but considering it's rear wheel drive, it might be difficult to adapt. Tell me more about the 4.6 Continental motor - will it fit? What kinda stuff am I looking at? More HP? Thanks everyone..

When I was working on that LS we disassemble 80% of the interior and some of the engine compartment. It either said "gebildit in Deutschland" made in japan or england. The radio harness is not even a US ford plug not even close. I've done alot of electrical work in cars (former car stereo installer) and I can say that electriclly and mechanicly its VERY european design.

You would think that since its got a V8 they would use the Modular motor that is the same in our cars to the ford truck and mustangs.

Now if you've got a donor LS great go for it but an even swap.... that would be a grand chalenge.

There are ALOT of SHO boards you might be able to find a car cheap. I would put some money in a SHO motor before I would in a LS swap just because the #1 complaint is that the LS has no Hump its lazy and weak. Check out the reviews. You can get 250+ hp out of that SHO motor for the cost a rebuild and some time.

RE: SHO Engine Swap

RE: SHO Engine Swap

Well it all sounds good but I have seriously had a hard time finding a SHO motor for the car. That's why I've thought of putting in something else into it. This car has sat up since April of last year and I'm getting kinda tired of pushing it from place to place. I've had a few shops here look at it and for the price they want to do anything with it, I can litarally purchase another SHO. I've resorted to most likely doing the work myself unless I can find someone who would be willing to take on the project reasonably. I've got a Northstar motor just sitting around - too bad it won't fit into it, lol. Might be easier to find a COntinental 4.6 motor than that SHO motor. Any suggestions?

Back