Mark or Marauder?

Bill Eynon III

Registered
Well in my quest to find a Mark VIII I have stumbled upon several Marauders at the top end of my budget. I am also currently going through some possible changes in my life that require a good dependable car. I am looking at a 2003 Marauder vs a 1998 Mark VIII. I really want a Mark VIII, but I feel that a car 5 years older would have more probabiliy to have something malfunction or fail. What are some of your thoughts on this. I have always liked the Marauder too. I do not like the fact that it is a sedan, but it really does not bother me as someday I may need a sedan. I know that there are some performance mods for the marauder too which also makes it a good possibility.

RE: Mark or Marauder?

A marauder is a good choice as well. Not as quick in stock form, but just as easy to mod.

Have you ever driven a Gen 2 Mark VIII that was in good condition as a comparison? (Good as in to a Mark VIII person.)

Me? Uh, yeah. I sold it a few months back, though.

Bill had a gen 1... so maybe he's never driven a gen 2. And the only Marauder i have been in went 10's, so that's probably not a good comparison.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Have you ever driven a Gen 2 Mark VIII that was in good condition as a comparison? (Good as in to a Mark VIII person.)
[/div]
I just wondered, because when I was car-shopping last time, I did things "backwards". I knew I liked the looks of the Marks at the time, so I had one in mind anyway . . . well, I drove a Mark first, and nothing else was any good after that :+

If you want reliability, go with an unabused Marauder. I test drove one last year and posted my results on this board.

Pros:
3.55 Gears make it feel a bit faster than the Mark
Stereo is better
Transmission is better
Engine is better
Brakes are better
Suspention is more reliable
Comes with 18rims and an ok exhaust note, no need to modify as much as the mark.

Cons:
Still a dressed up crown Vic
30 year old Chassis
Clunky doors
you get get a towncar for the same price
4200lbs

Honestly, I would buy a marauder. Yeah, it has two extra doors, but it's a newer (a lot newer) car with a lot more potential.

oh and 10sec marauders rule !!!

Well it looks as if I will not be making the change for a while now. I am going thru some things in my life that need attention rather quickly. I am still going to keep my eye open for both cars. A very unabused low mile Mark VIII LSC or an unabused marauder. Thanks for the opinions and suggestions.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Well it looks as if I will not be making the change for a while now. I am going thru some things in my life that need attention rather quickly. I am still going to keep my eye open for both cars. A very unabused low mile Mark VIII LSC or an unabused marauder. Thanks for the opinions and suggestions.
[/div]

Just checked the local trader for you an hour or so ago - nothing good in there this time. I'll check it again next week ;)

Back