Ontario Drag Day...

gaspeddle

Registered
Looking for interest for a "track day" at St Thomas Dragway near London Ontario.

Here's a list of activities in June & July:
June
Sun. 1 - Test & Tune
Sat. 7 - Essex County Shootout
Sun. 8 - Essex County Shootout
Sat. 14 - Hot Rod Reunion
Sun. 15 - Hot Rod Reunion
Sat. 21 - Toronto F-Body Test & Tune
Sun. 22 - Test & Tune
Sat. 28 - National Buick Day Test & Tune
Sun. 29 - Import Society

July
Sat. 5 - Featherlite Can-Am Nationals
Sat. 6 - Featherlite Can-Am Nationals
Sat. 12 - Niagara Mustangs Test & Tune
Sun. 13 - Ford Nationals
Sat. 19 - Test & Tune
Sun. 20 - Import Society
Sat. 26 - Mopar Day
Sun 27 - Test & Tune

I think "fun" dates might be June 14th (Hot Rod Reunion) or July 12th (Mustangs), but overall, let's just pick a day and go!

Here's the website if you're looking for more information...
http://www.stthomasdragway.com/
... and for our American brothers & sisters, St. Thomas is about 2 hours from Detroit or Buffalo... all are welcome!

All the best...

RE: Ontario Drag Day...

June 14th looks like a good day. Any more info on the Hot Rod's they are referring to? Hopefully some more guys will express some interest as well. It would be great to get some members from The State's up to meet with us too.

Jim;

I am in on whatever date.

It would be fun to show up and compete against some Stangs!

You fellas sound like you're going to have a little fun up there in the Great White North. Couple of questions for 'ya:

1. How often does the snow plow have to make runs down the track to keep it clear?

2. What kind of drag "tires" would you use on a snowmobile?

3. How much air do you put in snowtires when drag racing?

Just having a little fun with y'all ;). Have fun with your gathering and keep us posted on the results. Look forward to seeing some of you guys at Carlilse :).

** Bill **
LOD Board of Directors
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...I like my beer serviced room temp Canadian style....about 39 degrees...

Oopps. Just noticed that the weekend of June 14th is the same weekend as the Ford 100 Anniversary celebration. I just realized that Brett was trying to get some folks to head to Deeetroit for the festivities there. Perhaps an alternate date is appropriate for St. Thomas in light of this.

St Thomas eh’

So by the sounds of it maybe we’d be better to target the weekend of the Ford Nationals instead, and mid July we’d probably be able to leave the snowplows all parked. This assumes they would welcome a bunch of old fogies in Lincolns to a mustang meet.

Just a thought, I have a buddy headed down there for the weekend in 2 or 3 weeks, not sure exactly which weekend but if he’s going then the big guns will be there. Maybe if we knew approximately who or how many maybe would be going I can persuade buddy to inquire as to details for us while he’s there.

Actually, I think GasPeddle's been there already with his Thunderbird buddies. While my MarkVIII's not a racer, it would be fun to make a couple of runs on a Friday night or Saturday to see what it will do...

I live at St. Thomas in the summer. (usually on a motorcycle of some kind though). If you want cheap and bang for the buck, Friday nites is the way to go. $20 for all you can race. Basically street car heads up (on a Sportsman tree) racing. Great fun. Phatz, myself, and a couple of other Marks have all been there on a few Fridays nites. Great fun, and cheap...

I live at St. Thomas in the summer. (usually on a motorcycle of some kind though). If you want cheap and bang for the buck, Friday nites is the way to go. $20 for all you can race. Basically street car heads up (on a Sportsman tree) racing. Great fun. Phatz, myself, and a couple of other Marks have all been there on a few Fridays nites. Great fun, and cheap...

Test n' tune is the way to go for sure.

I made the mistake of going to Cayuga once on an F-body/Mustang shoot-out last year and got 2 runs in all night. Painful!

I think for what we, Ontario LOD, are going to the track for, a Friday night would be perfect.

I'm there for sure! Keep me updated!!

I ran a 14.11 in the GTP last Sunday, and I'm looking to break out of the 14's next time!!

If anyone is interested, Sunday June 22, 2003 is a open Test and Tune day at the track in Sparta. I'll be there with a few friends and their cars.

Back