New C6 picSSSS

RE: New C6 picSSSS

Can you say... "Dodge Corvette?" Or "Chevrolet Viper"?

I'm sure it is an awesome machine... but I expected more originality for America's Icon.... I wonder what the designers have been doing for the last 7 years...

No balls... I tell ya. They needed to recruit a cocky, ballsy design/engineer from Chrysler.... they have the balls to introduce a concept way beyond anything we have ever known.

Flashback.... 1953 Vette.... did it resemble anything else by an American manufacturer? HELL NO! It was unique, different, and unlike anything America had ever built.... now its just a "look-a-like".

Maybe the C7 will "evolve" a bit.....

Dont get me wrong... I'll take one in that "Blood red" color...
BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
95 Champagne/Saddle M8
http://www.markviii.org/~blackicelsc/chromemark.JPG

I knew something really bugged me about that. HEADLIGHTS!! They are supposed to flip-up!!! What the he11....

I knew something really bugged me about that. HEADLIGHTS!! They are supposed to flip-up!!! What the he11....

They have to be fixed lights, the flip-ups aren't allowed anymore. I forget the exact details, but any new car has to have fixed headlights. Personally, I liked the flip-ups much better, but a law is a law :-(

The headlights are fixed in preparation of government mandated annoyance lights, er, i mean daytime running lights.

I don't like that ugly steering wheel, nor that cheap looking black plastic grille in the lower front fascia, not the "old fashioned" slightly recessed taillamps, a la circa 1989. Of course the exposed headlights are a no-no. Stylewise, the 1996 Stealth has it beat, as does the 1998 3000GT Mitsu. The present 2003 'Vette is the pinnacle of 'Vettes.
:) "annoyance lights" :) that was a good one!!

It looks good, but not different enough to really get my attention. I'm sure it'll still kick some ass performance-wise.

Dave,

Flip-up headlights can still pass government mandated daytime running lights (DRL). Here in Canada, we've had DRL for nearly 15 years. All the C5 here run with their driving lamps on..their smallish white driving lamps. Recent changes here don't even require the lights to be white. Chrysler minivans DRL are amber fog lights. Unless of course the US has different rules...

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the boxter. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the headlights.

Police Motto: Be Polite. Be Courteous. Have a plan to hug everyone you meet.

Back