Favorite Book????

DV8R

Registered
I read about two novels a week and I am running out of authors, and was just curious of what everyones favorite book is. I read about anything but my favorive book of all time is "The prince of tides" by Pat Conroy. I also like Stephen King (his newer stuff), Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth novels, Herman Wouk, he mixes alot of the Jewish faith in with his works (Judisam intrigues me), Mark Twains non fiction books, he is a very humorous man, Dean Koontz, Tami Hogg, and anything the local book store has on sale that sounds good. Curently I am reading Michael Crichtons Congo, Sphere, and Eaters of the dead. I am contemplating learning a new Language (German), but if someone else has a good favorite book I would love to hear about it.

RE: Favorite Book????

I don't really have favorites, but the book that really made an impact on me lately was "To Kill a Mockingbird." "Lord of the Rings," however, is also a very important book to me.

I love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

After I had read a lot of King & Koontz, I picked up a couple books by Jonathan Kellerman that were enjoyable.

Might I suggest, if you like SciFi, I subscribe to Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine, a monthly that has short stories, novellas, book reviews, etc. I find the short stories very entertaining, and it helps me pick out authors whose work I enjoy. The book reviews too help me choose some other works to read.

The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand are both very good books.

DaVinci Code by Dan Brown.
I have been reading what great reviews that book recieved. I do have to say it is very tempting to read. Have you personally read it? I hate to listen to all the media hype :)

I've read it and it's great. It starts a little slow but it becomes a real page turner.

My wife reads the Harry Potter series to my children. I can't really get into them lol

I'm with Sleeper on this one... Atlas Shrugged & The Fountainhead are the two best books I've ever read. Went on to read all of her books. ... as for more modern stuff... I used to read a fair amount of James Michener & John Grisham. Don't find much time to read any more...

Back