Mark 8 Mod swap into 1970 Torino

lead foot

Registered
There's an article in the December 2009 issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine, that I thought many of us may find to be of interest. Although it was a tight squeeze, these guys made room for a Mark 8 32-Valve, between the shock towers of a '70 Torino, by use of a Ford "MN12" (T-bird/Cougar) K-member, and some very smooth engineering.
I wish I could just post the entire article here for your enjoyment, however, copyright issues would probably present a problem..but if you happen to have access to a copy of the magazine, this car might inspire some ideas here and there..
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s

I always liked that body style. Sounds interessting.:big-grin: Some of thoes did have big blocks in them !

I would bet that the car is a lot more nimble now with some of the weight off the front end via the 4.6L aluminum motor.

These kind of hybrids could become more of a trend, in the future..With the abundant spare parts a lot of us have sitting around, we'll probably be seeing some great projects created..
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark 8s

Thanks Izackary for finding that link and posting it here, (to see the pics, go to Izackary's posting -then just click on the phrase, "here's what little the magazines website will show") It should take you directly there.
Of course, any car with a Mk8 motor is automatically very interesting to me, but I am truly impressed by the quality of this Torino build...
Lead Foot
Crazy 'bout my ol' Mark8s

Back