Headlight Repair Again

i have one of those $30 low speed buffers.. but i cant really see through the lglass enough to see whats going on with the reflective paint inside, email me your address..and ill go jerk a pair out of my dads salvage yard and send em to ya..i didnt mean i didnt think youd do a bad job, i was meaning that if i tried to do it myself... id be polishing forever :).. ill send you a money order along with the lights
sapperfire@yahoo.com

i have one of those $30 low speed buffers.. but i cant really see through the lglass enough to see whats going on with the reflective paint inside, email me your address..and ill go jerk a pair out of my dads salvage yard and send em to ya..i didnt mean i didnt think youd do a bad job, i was meaning that if i tried to do it myself... id be polishing forever :).. ill send you a money order along with the lights
sapperfire@yahoo.com

It can easily be done with sand paper. Really bad lenses can be cleaned off with 800 grit paper in minutes. Then use 1200 grit, 1600, 2000. Then use a polish and you're done.

ah i had the impression that you did this for ..maybe a paying hobby or a living.. was gonna try and send you my buisiness, if im to do this myself, could you tell us how you got the glass apart from the housing and what kind of apoxy did you use to replace it, and even as important, what type of reflective paint was used on the inside?

In most cases with the Gen II headlights, the prob is all on the outside. That's the way is way on mine and I thought it was on inside too. If I were you, I'd do the outside with the 1500, 2000 grit wet/dry paper with lots of water.

I used the Maguires Plastic cleaner/Polish after the above and it made a WORLD of difference. Use a buffing attachment on electric drill for the cleaner/polish. Slow rotation.... don't BURN the plastic. I did remove the lenses when I used the sandpaper.

birthday is 10/92
_and i found out that it still has the factory spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and had NEVER had an oil change_ im should kick someones a$$, im betting its bout time for a new timing chain-- oh well, at least it was free
P.S. 2 questions, do you also do the blinkers? and there are white lights on the blicker corner housings, are those suppose to flash with the yellow ones in the center or stay constant light?, id look at another one around here, but ive only seen 4, and none had their blinkers on, and 2 of the drivers were little old ladies, i shoulda chased em down and offered to buy em huh

Last edited:
those just stay lit up while the blinker is on, those are to light up the road sides so you dont turn into anything while making a turn. i have never cut open a set of market light assemblies, i'm sure i could, but i'd rather not make yours the guinnea pigs!!!

those just stay lit up while the blinker is on, those are to light up the road sides so you dont turn into anything while making a turn. i have never cut open a set of market light assemblies, i'm sure i could, but i'd rather not make yours the guinnea pigs!!!

well im sending you the ones off a scrapper in my salvage yard, you can guinnea em all ya want, if they dont turn out, oh well, but ill have to send ya the money order later, just mail my lights back after you receive it ( ill send them off on monday, and the money on tuesday) i have dual checks next week from 2 different jobs, oh, how much extra for the blinkers? $100 for the headlights.....

no i restore 1st gen housings for $100, i have never done a gen 2 housing yet but i wont touch a pair of those for $100
i can get hid kits complete for $50 you can install yourself its easy and quick.

Back