Hey All, Waco, Texas here

Sapperfire

Registered
hey im kinda new to the site and would like to tell yall a little about myself and my car, im a mechanic/welder by trade, but am currently a truck driver and i work part time in an archery/sporting goods shop
my 93 Mark VIII was a birthday present from my step father who had just purchased a new truck and didnt want the hassle of the maintainence on both vehicles, along with a new note for my moms car.. so i got the -big ol' blue- at the time he gave it to me i was driving a broke down 96 Geo Tracker that was on its 3rd engine and 2nd transmission, realy bad shape of a ride, i felt like that guy in the car-fax commercial,
so needless to say im very pleased that i found a bunch of guys that chat about this awesome vehicle with as it makes my pursuit of rebuilding this wonderful machine so much easier and prideful to do..i have tons of work still to do on the car, and im sure that with a little aid from posts on this site and maybe a few purchases from others, ill soon be among the few proud owners of a very nice MarkVIII
things done so far
new sterio system to include all panel speakers replaced with Kicker 6Xs 2 12" Kicker CVR dual VC in an Super BASS Probox with 1000 watt Memphis mono,
dual blade carbon fiber wipers ( arms removed and reppainted)
all air bag (failed) system was removed and replaced by springs shocks and struts from AmericanAir
arm rest cover removed, replaced plastic backing and glued back together
both cigarette lighters were rewired and now work
climate control box was removed because of button center cracking and replaced with the Gen2 style rounder button type
rear view rebuilt with the Gen 2 style auto dark
driver door side view mirror replaced
both front seats rebuilt with new motors and switches

things yet to do
replace rear shock body mounts
replace k member
purchase rims 17" cobra R style (chrome)
tint all windows limo grade dark
install FACTORY sun roof, its already been cut from the roof of a scrap MarkVIII
install new exhaust
install cobra intake manifold
install cold air kit
install Cowell Hood
install body kit
paint BMW blue with chain lightning effects
allignment
replace leaking front main seal
replace/upgrade the oil filter gasket kit
install new spark plugs and wires
get HID headlights
replace passenger side wheel well cover
fix vacuum leak causing vent only blow out
install new carpet -black instead of blue- have seats recovered -black trim blue inserts-
replace back dash carpet -black-?

Welcome and good luck with your to do list, around here we like to see photos of the work in progress.

ok i have a few questions
i saw someone near Dallas on here, do we have local meets, thats only an hour or so from me
how do you join LoD, and if i become a "paying member" what is included in that package?
how exactly do i post pics on here?

how do you join LoD, and if i become a "paying member" what is included in that package?

The easiest way is to go to the user control panel and click the "Paid Subscriptions" feature in the left hand pane.

Membership Lincolns of Distinction

$20 USD annually entitles you to receive: Full membership status in the Lincolns of Distinction, Club Decal, Annual Membership Card, Vendor discounts, Access to Member's Only forums, Posting in Member's Rides forum, Posting in Vendor forums, Posting in Vendor Review forum, Posting in Chapter forums, Upload profile picture, Larger Custom Avatar, Custom Title, Ability to upload images directly to message board, Increased private message space, Increased signature space and images, 20MB webspace, email address @ mark8.org.

Welcome to the Lincolns of Distinction!

Join the Club, you get a lot for 20 bucks.:cool:

Welcome!!

Glad to see another Tx member!! :)

And yes we love pics!!

Link them from photobucket or something.

Ps r u a Cowboy or texan's fan?

A Texas or a texas tech or texas A & M. Just curious. :D

Welcome!!

Glad to see another Tx member!! :)

And yes we love pics!!

Link them from photobucket or something.

Ps r u a Cowboy or texan's fan?

A Texas or a texas tech or texas A & M. Just curious. :D

im more into college ball, but i work so much i dont really have time for sports, never was much of a "watcher", but i support UT since im Alumni,
what part of Texas are you in?

Last edited:
93MarkVIII.jpg

:D

Limo tint

Limo tint

hey im kinda new to the site and would like to tell yall a little about myself and my car, im a mechanic/welder by trade, but am currently a truck driver and i work part time in an archery/sporting goods shop
my 93 Mark VIII was a birthday present from my step father who had just purchased a new truck and didnt want the hassle of the maintainence on both vehicles, along with a new note for my moms car.. so i got the -big ol' blue- at the time he gave it to me i was driving a broke down 96 Geo Tracker that was on its 3rd engine and 2nd transmission, realy bad shape of a ride, i felt like that guy in the car-fax commercial,
so needless to say im very pleased that i found a bunch of guys that chat about this awesome vehicle with as it makes my pursuit of rebuilding this wonderful machine so much easier and prideful to do..i have tons of work still to do on the car, and im sure that with a little aid from posts on this site and maybe a few purchases from others, ill soon be among the few proud owners of a very nice MarkVIII
things done so far
new sterio system to include all panel speakers replaced with Kicker 6Xs 2 12" Kicker CVR dual VC in an Super BASS Probox with 1000 watt Memphis mono,
dual blade carbon fiber wipers ( arms removed and reppainted)
all air bag (failed) system was removed and replaced by springs shocks and struts from AmericanAir
arm rest cover removed, replaced plastic backing and glued back together
both cigarette lighters were rewired and now work
climate control box was removed because of button center cracking and replaced with the Gen2 style rounder button type
rear view rebuilt with the Gen 2 style auto dark
driver door side view mirror replaced
both front seats rebuilt with new motors and switches

things yet to do
replace rear shock body mounts
replace k member
purchase rims 17" cobra R style (chrome)
tint all windows limo grade dark
install FACTORY sun roof, its already been cut from the roof of a scrap MarkVIII
install new exhaust
install cobra intake manifold
install cold air kit
install Cowell Hood
install body kit
paint BMW blue with chain lightning effects
allignment
replace leaking front main seal
replace/upgrade the oil filter gasket kit
install new spark plugs and wires
get HID headlights
replace passenger side wheel well cover
fix vacuum leak causing vent only blow out
install new carpet -black instead of blue- have seats recovered -black trim blue inserts-
replace back dash carpet -black-?

Watch the window tint!
After I have driven deep tinted cars all over Texas for years, a friend was ticketed in one of my Marks just outside of Mexia for illegal front door tint. I had it checked and when combined with the factory tint, it exceeded the standard.
Since the car was often driven in the area, I had the tint removed and the ticket was dismissed.
It may have been an isolated case; I've been told by other DPS officers that the black Mark fits the drug dealer profile, but that particular officer is probably still around.
Paul

im more into college ball, but i work so much i dont really have time for sports, never was much of a "watcher", but i support UT since im Alumni,
what part of Texas are you in?

Right in the heart of AUSTIN Longhorn county!!!

HOOK_EM!!!!

yeah ive been stopped for dark tint on my jeep, but those windows are actually legal, so i got a ticket anyway for not having a front plate ( my jeep has a pipe bumper that i made) i still havent put the plate on it, ive actually found out from the last few cops that have stopped me, that the more you make them feel like crap about their job, the less likely they are to write you a ticket

for instance, the last one pulled me over for loud music, when we asked me if i knew why he pulled me over my answer was, because its your job to do traffic citations since you cant pass the detectives exam, he looked at me all mean and told me to turn it down and have a nice night

im sure having Sniper, Ranger and Sapper military stickers helps a bit

Last edited:
Back