first step mark viii S.V.T.

The only people that can make a SVT Mark VIII, is SVT and they're not about to.

As was written into a Country song once by a C&W singer when commenting about the state of "new" Country music; (kind of the same thing)

"You can paint stripes on a billy goat
Call it a tiger if it floats your boat
You can make a star of a teenage girl
But one million dollars won’t make her Merle (Haggard)
Laser beams, navel rings, and a pretty face might be something
But you can kiss my Ozark azz, if that’s Country---Dallas Wayne"

well i don't like it. i wouldn't do it to mine. But hey more power to ya if you like it then go for it. just be ready for some hackles here and there.

I probably should have said this is going to be my idea as to what a 95 S.V.T. mark viii could look like! I appreciate your opinions but they are just that opinions. I really don't care for "the hump" even lincoln did'nt make the inner structure support it. the 95 cobra spoiler is absolutely centered on the deck lid! I may have been standing slightly off center when I shot the picture. other sites (with out so many purists) like the way it looks. I've seen the way some of you go after people who "spring" their mark viii (personally I enjoy my air ride) you remind me of my father "if it did'nt come from the factory its wrong" I will continue modding my mark the way I want it, after all I have to drive and fix it. (no hard feelings on my part!):p I am not trying to emulate the super mark its an icon in its own right!

i dont mind wings on these cars if they arent the rice style, i installed a wing on my buddies 93 that i painted for him. this wing was actually off a mark VIII that had the whole body kit installed way back in the day, some marks had body kits installed with a wing and this wing is one of them. i like it, although my personal marks are untouched body wise they will remain this way because its just my personal taste but like you said its your car, have fun with it the way you want, but i like the way the car looks that i repainted check it out.
interiorswap109.jpg

interiorswap103.jpg

Jamie, If HAD to have a wing it would be the old LMS one or the one you pictured, not that monstrosity at the top of the page that does not fit one line of the mark at all.

Personally, modding is fine and encouraged. Just don't call it something it's not. JMHO

I've seen the way some of you go after people who "spring" their mark viii (personally I enjoy my air ride) you remind me of my father "if it did'nt come from the factory its wrong" I will continue modding my mark the way I want it, after all I have to drive and fix it.

Now you are stereo typing people. I'm not like the "others" and "spring" on people. Everyone so far has said it looks like @ss because it does. Fabricate a different trunk lid without the hump and you might pull it off.

i think it fine to give your opinion when someone asks and its also fine to tell someone you either like or dont like what they did, but i dont think is necessary to be a total jerk about it, if you dont like it fine just say i dont like it, leave it at that afterall its his car so he's gonna do what he wants no one has to be harsh on the guy and shoot him down just because of his car. some of you guys are pretty damn brutal when it comes to opinions.

Jaimie I agree.
I will take that one step farther, If you don't like it why say anything?

I was going to add more , but decided not to.

Same here....I made a post in his other thread because it was going all south on this thread.

i'm not trying to be a hero here and i admit i have taken some of my posts to far before and it got me banned from other places, i just think some people take opinions too far, you dont have to, we're all here for the same reason why treat some guys and girls like dirt because we might not like something they put on their car, that attitude makes good people leave these boards, just my 2 cents!

:Djamie I like the looks of the spoiler from the side it tone downs the hump. from the back it makes it look bigger. I love my lincoln I'm just not much of a hump fan. (I actually thought of giving my car a humpectomy) [total removal] now that its buried I can live with it!

Back