Transmission replacements

curtis_bob

Registered
ok... here is the deal.. my 95 Mark VIII's Over drive went out. but earlier i bot a 93 Mark VIII just for parts. i asked a transmission guy if it would work if i put the 93's in the 95, he turned around and typed a while on his computer and then said no.... I went to Advanced auto.. found the part numbers on both... 95's and 93's Mark VIII transmissions... and there the same part number.... Can i use my 93's in my 95??? just wondering.. otherwise i'm just going to rebuild my 95....

thank you

Should be fine, but wait until someone who is smarter then me tells you I'm right... :D

:D -J

Yes, the 93 tranny will work in the 95 car...though the 93's had some deficiencies. It might be better to buy a tranny from a 98 and put that in.

what kind of glitches did they have... anything that i could put in it to fix or would it just be better to rebuild the 95?

what kind of glitches did they have... anything that i could put in it to fix or would it just be better to rebuild the 95?

When looking for a "built" transmission, they wouldn't even consider my stock '93 for a core to rebuild. I also have a '95 transmission sitting in storage that wasn't worth anything as a core.

Now when I retired the transmission from my '93, it was in good shape internally. I only had the 1-2 & 2-3 accumulators changed along with a Baumann shift kit and a tranny cooler. So you could upgrade the accumulator(s) and either do a J-mod or Baumann shift kit with a good cooler and be ahead.

I wouldn't 'rebuild' either the '93 or the '95, but get a '98 model transmission.

Just my opinion.

Back