1993 Mark VIII "Bronze Nightmist Clearcoat Metallic"

iowncars

Registered
I absolutely love this car. I got it just over a year ago and have logged 25,000 miles since August 2006. I could have sold it right after I got it for $1500 profit. However, with the rarity of the color, I just had to keep it...4ever! lol

Attachments

• HPIM1374.jpg
    HPIM1374.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM1376.jpg
    HPIM1376.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM1378.jpg
    HPIM1378.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM1380.jpg
    HPIM1380.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM1382.jpg
    HPIM1382.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
Wow that is only the 2nd time I have seen this color... the first time I had to rub my eyes!!! It is actually very pretty!

Beautiful Mark VIII!

I remember reading your posts about the color of this car.

I think that it looks similar to the rare Rosemist color, but maybe a little bit lighter.

Let me know what you think...
I have added.............
8.5 MSD Super Comp wires
NGK Iridium Spark plugs
True Dual 2.5" exhaust with Special mufflers under center of car...sounds really good
New Front Suspension
17" alloys w/Lincoln logo
Spoiler
1-2 accumulator
160 degree thermostat
5% tint on side windows
Wood trim on center console
Pioneer Headunit
2 12" Crossfire DB3 in custom box
...and more.

Attachments

• HPIM1967.jpg
    HPIM1967.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM1968.jpg
    HPIM1968.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Let me know what you think...
I have added.............
8.5 MSD Super Comp wires
NGK Iridium Spark plugs
True Dual 2.5" exhaust with Special mufflers under center of car...sounds really good
New Front Suspension
17" alloys w/Lincoln logo
Spoiler
1-2 accumulator
160 degree thermostat
5% tint on side windows
Wood trim on center console
Pioneer Headunit
2 12" Crossfire DB3 in custom box
...and more.

I'm cool with the MSD wires but not necessarily the Iridium plugs. Did you see a benefit? Or perhaps you have something planned?? :rolleyes:

The exhaust will wake the car up. Every 'breathing' mod I have done, the car has responded positively. The tips extend too far out the back for my taste. With no cutouts in the bumper, I went with simple chrome turndowns.

The tint, wheels and spoiler look good and give the car an even more unique look with its rare color.

You need a J-mod or a shift kit to go with the 1-2 accumulator in the transmission. Helps the transmission live longer and helps at the track. ;)

A 160* thermostat? :eek: OMG, suddenly I don't feel like a man alone on an island. :D

OK, fess up, what's it run? Post up your times in the Fastest Lincolns of Distinction thread. :wave022:

EDIT: Your next mod should be gears and trac-lok judging by the one-wheel peel in the pic from the track! ;)

heyyyyyy

heyyyyyy

I know that track... Thats my secret testing grounds. Only 1/8th mile, but gets the job done. Haven't been there in a looong time :-( My reflexes file will have cobwebs growing on it in brain, i believe next time i make it out there. But i'll be getting used to new launching techniques too, so it won't matter i hope. :)

I know that track... Thats my secret testing grounds. Only 1/8th mile, but gets the job done. Haven't been there in a looong time :-( My reflexes file will have cobwebs growing on it in brain, i believe next time i make it out there. But i'll be getting used to new launching techniques too, so it won't matter i hope. :)

The only thing i hate about that track is that stinkin waterbox they go crazy spraying water into. Our cars dont even need it. Mine spins very easily even with slicks on. I know its probabaly to prolong the life of the slicks, and to heat them up faster, but i hate being forced to drive through it and tracking water all over launch pad through the tree and all.

They should make it a drive around like Atlanta where you can use it if you like by backing up to it. Then all that front wheel water doesnt get tracked up into staging area by front wheels.
Also the fact that you better have good breaks or you'll be eating pine trees at the end of the track. :eek:

Thanks for the nice comments...and Flynfrog's comment! lol

Good remarks Driller...I ordered my Transgo Shift kit last week and I am looking at a rear suspension from a 1988 Turbo Couple that has 3.73's and Trac-Loc in it. I am going to pull the gears and trac loc out and install them in my car.

I am planning on riding up to SSHS7 behind John and Marvin's trailer queen's! haha

Also, I just got exhaust tips that will look alot better than what is on there now. I know that they were sticking out too much but I didn't want black areas on my bumper from the exhaust!

Attachments

• HPIM1419.jpg
    HPIM1419.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM1542.jpg
    HPIM1542.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
Good luck with the Transgo kit, I have read mixed reviews on it.

Be sure to get a rebuild kit for the trac-lok and restack the clutches with an extra friction. ;)

What spoiler is that? Taurus?

I just got the TRANSGO kit in yesterday so it should be in as soon as I get some time.

My best time was a 9.8 in the 1/8. I haven't been able to take it to a 1/4 mile track yet. Maybe at SSHS7! if everythin goes as planned I should be able to make it out there.

The spoiler was sitting in my friends back yard. He said it was probably off a Ford Probe. It looks like it anyway.

I can't wait to go. I just got the LMS megameter from Tommy so that will go on before the Transgo goes in! Easier job! haha

Got some more stuff done to the Mark... rotors, brakes, wheels, alignment...

Here are some pics of the "NEW LOOK"

The first 4 pics are what the car looks like now (Thursday), the last pic is the car on (Monday). I upgrade the center console to 1994 woodgrain! I think it looks a lot better.

Attachments

• 619a_3.jpg
    619a_3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 67c2_3.jpg
    67c2_3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6b6b_3.jpg
    6b6b_3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 648a_3.jpg
    648a_3.jpg