former SHO owner, now with 95 LSC

IntoxicatedPuma

Registered
My names Rob, I'm a 22 year old college student in Columbia, MO. I'm looking for a cute girl who loves to party on weekends! :D

I've got a 1995 Mark VIII LSC with 92k on it. It's a replacement for my 1999 Taurus SHO which I bought in 04 with 65k. 5 years and 100k miles later it decided to give up on me so my parents got me the Linc to get me through school. I'm missing 4 doors and I think the SHO's seats were more comfortable, but having actual torque around town is nice (3.4L V8 SHO put out 230 ft-lb @ 4800 rpm - lets just say it needed motivation) and the Mark VIII's interior is obviously a bit nicer.

I'm not really planning on doing much to the car yet, I'm thinkin some 22in dubs would be nice and get some chrome on the hood and stuff. :fart Or maybe just some 17in enkei's and an SCT tune. Maybe cams and a driveshaft later on?

I've been looking around for problems with the Mark's and I get the obvious ones of airbag suspensions going out (I dont know if mine is original or not) and of course junk Ford alternators and transmissions (though both I think are better or easier to service than it was on the SHO). Anything else I should be looking out for? I'm hoping I can get an HID conversion done soon, these headlights suck.

n731189128_1823550_1648.jpg

That was my SHO, it sounded amazing without an exhaust. It had a nice gurgle at idle and sounded about like an LS2 GTO at WOT.

That was my SHO, it sounded amazing without an exhaust. It had a nice gurgle at idle and sounded about like an LS2 GTO at WOT.

Hello and welcome!

What really happened to the SHO? I hear they are pretty reliable aside from the cams you have to weld...

LS2 GTO? hahaha ok

Hello and welcome!

What really happened to the SHO? I hear they are pretty reliable aside from the cams you have to weld...

LS2 GTO? hahaha ok

An LS2 definitely sounds meaner aftermarket, but a stock LS2 GTO and an open exhaust SHO sound about the same aside for the secondaries.

The SHO was just having too many problems, alternator, misfires like crazy (150 bucks per coil pack), suspension issues, and hitting 3 or 4 deer in a couple years didnt help either.

Back