Carlisle 2010 - Book rooms now

WOW - Congrats on the awesome turnout!

It was an amazing show, and it appears we have one member who could give BadSax a real run for his money. He even got chased from the hotel parking garage roof for drinking and excessive noise.

Weird - I know I didn't mention LOD at checkout. The hotel gives us the same room every year, too ;)

Sorry guys but the $152 is NOT a special LOD discount rate. What that rate is is the Car Show Rate which is an $11 discount off their "rack rate." So anyone booking for Ford next year gets the same $152 rate. The benefit, of course, is that the rooms are blocked which assures any LOD member who wants to stay there the ability to book.

I know this because this weekend I again booked 10 rooms for my El Camino club for next year and when I asked about discounts that is what I was told. So I asked about the LOD rate since I thought the LOD managed to get a better rate and she told me that there is no extra discount given during car show weekends... just the Car Show Rate for attendees.

FYI, of the three shows I attend (Ford, GM, and Truck) Ford is the most expensive and Truck is the cheapest at $125.

I didn't figure they had to offer a discount to anyone, since they sell out every year ;)

It was an amazing show, and it appears we have one member who could give BadSax a real run for his money. He even got chased from the hotel parking garage roof for drinking and excessive noise.

Uh-oh! We'll have to be extra quiet next year :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoC2 View Post

Uh-oh! We'll have to be extra quiet next year :D

We got him beat, the cop had no idea we were even up there... he was just looking for a quiet place to smoke and was super surprised to round the last corner and have to stop short cause there were dozens of people there... :D

And I bet he didn't get a picture with the cop... :D

Attachments

• meandcop2.jpg
    meandcop2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey you guys, just gettin into this website and was wonderin if this is a meet you guys are doin? Where is it located if so?

I've been on other forum sites but forgot I had this one until someone asked me if I was on here too. Let me know because I wanna go to a meet. Never been before. Had my Mark since 2003.

Sounds good to me... :D

:D -J

Just saw your response. Awesome! I was starting to think about booking my own, but hell, when you only spend an hour in the room each night, why spend $150 a night when you can only spend $75. Same deal as last year? You book, and then I'll just pay them half when the time comes?

I didn't even know registration was open until you said something! Now I've just gotta keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens between now and then... last year was phenomenal.

Can't believe the only trouble we got in was Joe's ticket for parking on the sidewalk. They really should've let him off for that, too... one wheel on the sidewalk is being an *******, but a whole Cadillac? That takes talent.

Just saw your response. Awesome! I was starting to think about booking my own, but hell, when you only spend an hour in the room each night, why spend $150 a night when you can only spend $75. Same deal as last year? You book, and then I'll just pay them half when the time comes?

Ah... I think there was one night I didn't come back at all... :D
(at least I have photo's time stamped from 8:30AM off some apartment balcony, I think that may have been during our little LOD home invasion night...)

Yeah, room is already booked, we're good to go. :D

:D -J

Back