The Annual Chicago Summer Meet

strapp

Registered
The date has been set. We will be partying in Chicago August 8-10, Friday through Sunday. All are welcome. Stay tuned for more details.

RE: The Annual Chicago Summer Meet

We really do hope to get a lot of people from out of town, so if you need anything, please let us know. We can try to find people to put you up, or good hotel rates, or Hubby even said people can camp in our back yard.

It really should be a lot of fun!

Strapp --- did you get the pics from hooters to post yet ?

So who's planning on showing?

This is what I believe is planned:

Friday night Aug 8 - dancin' girls (and maybe we'll be lucky and they'll have a laser show too ;-) )

Saturday afternoon Aug 9 - Picnic at Montrose Harbor, right on the lake off of Lake Shore Drive just like we've done the last 3 years.

Saturday night - perhaps some nightlife at Navy Pier

Sunday Aug 10 - All Ford Day at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisconsin. (Then of course I'll want to go to the Brat Stop afterwards for dinner :) )

Plus, Leo Cerutti has been generous enough to donate some towels and glass cleaner, for us to give out! We'll have to work on what type of awards we should have this year.

ok, im slow....where are the dancin girls at?

I'll be there...dont know what day or if im staying overnight...details later...Im going on vacation to New york and Vermont tommorow morning

I'm in and I believe Torrey is going to try and make it also.Sharon, Steve said you were going to try and work out some kind of Hotel deal????

I'm in and I believe Torrey is going to try and make it also.Sharon, Steve said you were going to try and work out some kind of Hotel deal????

Yeah! I can try, but it will be hard if there aren't enough people. Let me know what kind of quality hotel you're looking for and how close to the city, and I'll see what I can do. E-mail me if you want: trixietrx@aol.com

I'd love to say that I'd be there but after this weekend I'm not sure what will happen. The gf leaves for college on the 11th, so it will end up on whether or not she can either go with me or not.

can they stay with you Sharon? Geeze, be a sport. :p

Of course people can stay with me, but there's only so much room - though again, if anyone wants to camp out in the backyard, we can do that.

Here's my special hotel deal this year:

Marriott Suites in Deerfield
$74 a night plus tax

I think it's a good location, and that really is a good discounted rate. I used to work in the building across the street from there - it's in a business setting, but I remember the hotel was always very nice (well, the bar at least... ;-) )

So, once I get this contract signed, etc. I'll give more info for making the reservations. However, I believe that the rooms need to be booked at least 3 weeks prior to the meet. Hopefully they won't be too picky about that though. Don't call yet for reservations - it won't work until the contracts signed off, etc.

I'm waiting on a call back from the Holiday Inn express near my house to see if they can get us something cheap. Don't count on it though - the nicer hotels discount more than the crappy ones seem to.

Deerfield? Geeze, you northsiders

I'll be camping with the Midwest Ford guys at the track for the weekend. We may do the hotel thing, but it hasn't been decided yet. I camped out in Iowa a couple weeks back and had a blast.

See you guys out there(maybe with a new toy too).

Back