Transmission Problems

jhe

Registered
Hey guys,
I just joined today. I bought a 93 mark viii about a month ago,I have been reading your forum every since. I love the car,the first thing I did was to get rid of the air ride as it was a mess.So I did the coil spring conversion.It really made a difference ,although I have a broken rear sway bar,after that it should ride and drive great.
I feel I got a deal on the car even with the tranny acting up.
Where I need help is on the tranny,
I read that when it does the neutraling(it pops into neutral)I thought it was going to be an easy fix.(also the trans was rebiult 4000 mile ago at a tune of 2300 bucks)anyways I put a new switch on it,never made a difference.But the more I drive the car the more the tranny act different.Even when I leave a stop sign and it doesn't pop out of gear it is already in 2nd gear.If I take of in low and shift manually it takes of in 2nd gear.Sometimes on the hwy it it shifts out of overdrive for a while then goes back in.or it might drop to 2nd gear and stay there not want to go thru the rest of the gears.Sometimes it will shift nice and firm other time it shifts so slow you think it is slipping.
I have never seen a tranny act like this and still move the car.
I would love any suggestions? Also I wouls like to upgrade the tranny to a truck or mustang,is there anyone out there who can tell me what type of vehicle is the best choice and what I would have to change in order to make it work ,I understand 99 and newer are much better trannys.
Any and all help will be appreciated,
Thanks John

RE: Transmission Problems

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Hey guys,I just joined today. I bought a 93 mark viii about a month ago,I have been reading your forum every since. I love the car,the first thing I did was to get rid of the air ride as it was a mess.So I did the coil spring conversion.It really made a difference ,although I have a broken rear sway bar,after that it should ride and drive great.I feel I got a deal on the car even with the tranny acting up.Where I need help is on the tranny,I read that when it does the neutraling(it pops into neutral)I thought it was going to be an easy fix.(also the trans was rebiult 4000 mile ago at a tune of 2300 bucks)anyways I put a new switch on it,never made a difference.But the more I drive the car the more the tranny act different.Even when I leave a stop sign and it doesn't pop out of gear it is already in 2nd gear.If I take of in low and shift manually it takes of in 2nd gear.Sometimes on the hwy it it shifts out of overdrive for a while then goes back in.or it might drop to 2nd gear and stay there not want to go thru the rest of the gears.Sometimes it will shift nice and firm other time it shifts so slow you think it is slipping.I have never seen a tranny act like this and still move the car.I would love any suggestions? Also I wouls like to upgrade the tranny to a truck or mustang,is there anyone out there who can tell me what type of vehicle is the best choice and what I would have to change in order to make it work ,I understand 99 and newer are much better trannys.Any and all help will be appreciated,Thanks John
[/div]

Not sure about your tranny problem, but upgrading to a better 4R70W would be better than a truck tranny. I've got a 700+ HP capable tranny from www.blueovalchips.com for not a lot of money.

Back