some crap i am working on at work.

jamies98lsc

Registered
these are railings i have been prepping and rewelding any holes or pits in the welds. this is a $45,000 quoted job for a doctor in gulf port florida. some of these are pool railings, deck and balcony railings and stair case railings. this guy is a complete ass, he wants everything to look like it was never welded. so i get the fun job since none of the other guys at work can seem to understand what perfection means. i opened my big mouth and told my boss i know what it needs to look like, so now i am stuck doing it, i have been working on this crap for 3 weeks straight. i am almost done them they are getting trucked to ocala fl to get a special coating on them with a process like galvanizing. what a pain in the arse!!!! the weird design in some of the railings is the doctor's dentist logo i guess.
this is all aluminum railing and i'm using a spool gun on a mig welder to fill in any imperfections. check it out.

this is before i do anything..
work007.jpg

work009.jpg

this is after i do my thing..
work008.jpg

work010.jpg

work001.jpg

work002.jpg

work003.jpg

work005.jpg

work004.jpg

work016.jpg

few pics of inside the shop, its actually a very large shop, many different areas. the place is pretty old, was built in 1952 been in business since, on its 3rd owner! the new owner bill, my boss bought it 5 months ago and is cool as hell, awesome guy doesnt treat any of us like he is the boss.
work018.jpg

work017.jpg

That is pretty sweet Jamie. 45k damn! That is a crazy amount of money for railings.
You guys must be benefiting from the fact that the raw material costs went down recently after that crazy rate hike eh?

max materials are down somewhat now but we have close to a 1000 lbs of aluminum scrap thats stacked in the old spray booth waiting until the price comes back up, if ever. my scrap guy i used to sell cats and stuff to at my shop just told me yesterday that rodium went from $10,000 an ounce 6 months ago down to $860 an ounce today. 6 months ago i was getting $65 bucks per catalytic convertor from the lincolns, he told me by friday he will only pay $3 bucks each for them, he said the biggest scrap recycler plant in tampa, is days from closing their doors for good thats how bad it has gotten. so now i have a pile of cats that used to shout money, now they shout just throw me away with the regular trash!

Yep, those looked like some pretty ugly welds! Those guys can learn a thing or two from you.

Excellent job.

Back