Any backpackers out there?

tixer

Lincoln Evangelist
Staff member
Paid Member
I just thought I'd throw this out here to anyone who may be interested.

I'm planning to attend J's LOD gathering in California on July 2nd, and I intend to do some hiking in the Tetons on the way back. (July 4-7ish.) If this sort of thing appeals to anyone, I wouldn't mind a hiking buddy. Transportation to and from is included, for anyone who lives along the route. :D

Expect to see something along the lines of this: (not my photo.)

Attachments

• 800px-Backpacking_in_Grand_Teton_NP-NPS.jpg
    800px-Backpacking_in_Grand_Teton_NP-NPS.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 0
what can I say. I've got a thing for chicks with backpacks. :D

There's lots of places to hike by Barry (Boulder Creek) but unfortionally I'll be working Sunday/Monday for 4th of July.

There's lots of places to hike by Barry (Boulder Creek) but unfortionally I'll be working Sunday/Monday for 4th of July.

Lots of trails. I've hiked many from day trips to a few days out to the coast. I have a trail map book (somewhere) I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks, Barry. I'd appreciate it. I'm only *mostly* determined to hike in the Tetons. I think it is quite likely that many of the trails will still be snowed in though. I would readily consider other options.

Thanks, Barry. I'd appreciate it. I'm only *mostly* determined to hike in the Tetons. I think it is quite likely that many of the trails will still be snowed in though. I would readily consider other options.

wow, they still have snow, that must be high up, are you trying to get a buzz from lack of oxygen? lol

Most of the route I'm eyeing up is above 10,000' :D

I hope to do most of the grey trail within the red circle that I added, starting at Taggart Lake. The plan is to do the "central" loop for sure, with the option to do the northern loop if I'm still up to the task. :) I've heard good things about Paintbrush Canyon.

Well, I've heard good things about the whole area.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 0
Well i hope you have a good sherpa with you :)

Most of the route I'm eyeing up is above 10,000' :D

I hope to do most of the grey trail within the red circle that I added, starting at Taggart Lake. The plan is to do the "central" loop for sure, with the option to do the northern loop if I'm still up to the task. :) I've heard good things about Paintbrush Canyon.

Well, I've heard good things about the whole area.

I *am* the sherpa. my friends complain about my routes through the Boundary Waters Canoe Area as well. they tend to be.. enthusiastic.

I say "isolated"
...they say "death march"

Back