Nitrous Question

strapp

Registered
Why does it say "do not run this nitrous kit with an aftermarket chip" in the description of several kits? The NOS dry kit for our cars as that mentioned in the description on Summit Racing's page.

RE: Nitrous Question

A lot of the chips out there advance your timing. With nitrous you want the timing retarded. That's all, no other reason.

That is it. Chips usually advance timing and lean out the car. Which is not good with Nitrous. I have a flip chip now. You will be fine running an 80 shot with no chip at all, and a upgraded fuel pump.

He will be fine with the chip and as long as he jets it a little rich and runs good gas.I should carify,WITH AN 80 SHOT.Any more than that and he should use a timing adjuster to JOE the timing.I mean retard the timing.LOL

Yes you can, but that costs money and most people do not have a flip chip, or want to retard the timing ect the whole time they are driving.

I have a flip chip for agressive n/a and one set up for big shot. it makes it really nice.

I've had my Mark dyno tuned by Jerry. No chip now. Can I run nitros without changing the program?

I will go out on a limb and say yes you can run an 80 shot if you close the gap on the plugs, get a bigger fuel pump. I ran my car on the dyno toaday with a jerry chip, and a 125 shot. I kept the same agressive n/a program in during the shot, and the a/f was perfect.

yo steve you will not have any problems with a 150 shot as long as you have a good pump and chip with you dry kit. if you want i have a nos nozzle kit in stock you can put 200 shot on it.

you want Retarded ignition timing with any amount of nitrous over a 50 shot, also "chips" lean out the fuel curve and advance timing... which nither of those you want! you can get a flip chip with a nitrous program... or you can pull your chip.

Back