Painting door hinges

Marked_Man

Registered
Hi all. I want to paint my door hinges and under hood goodies, I've heard the base coat to white opalescent(WK) is performance white,is this true? TIA

Actually, early Marks use a different color than later Marks. Your paint store will know which is the right for your car.

I just got the paintscratch kit for my white opalescent.

Edit: Oops, my color is pearlescent white. I get those mixed up, but they might be the same base coat.

I bought the primer, base, second coat, and clearcoat, spray cans.

The primer and clear paints, are DupliColor cans.

If what you say is true, we would only have to get the expensive second coat.:)

If I was painting my hinges, I'd try it.

Last edited:
white was the same white from 93-97, wk is opalescent and yes the base is performance white, i think 98 is base was oxford white, something like that.

Thanks for the input guys. I really do appreciate it. Now to find a local place that has rattle cans of it. Autobone was out. I like rattle cans the noise keeps me calm. :)

seriously they are just door hinges, any can of white will work, go to home depot and buy some rustoleum white!

You're right about that point Jamie,but have a few other areas that I want to match as close as possible,under the hood,doors and trunk. Not a lot to be done,but if I can get it close to original color it makes my day. It's all a matter of hitting a few spots with scotch brite and coating.

Back