Chicago Meeting Planning

Trixie

Staff member
Hey guys. We should probably start figuring out what kind of food/drinks, etc. we're gonna need to get, and what kind of awards/trophies we should give away.

Leo was generous enough to donate some towels and glass cleaner to be used as give-aways, and I've got a few LOD shot glasses that I can give up.

Any other kinds of plans to be made? We need to bring some LOD applications so people can sign up for membership at the meeting, and we probably should have a nominal charge for food/drink for non-members.

RE: Chicago Meeting Planning

Sounds good to me. Bring plenty of miller lite and some coca-cola, and some water too. Plus burgers and dogs for the barbecue, of course.

Has the hotel thing been finalized? My friend Dave is coming with me again, and his girlfriend starts school in Chicago (Loyola, i think) a week before our meet, so i may have someplace to stay for free. But i'm thinking about making a reservation just in case, and canceling it if i don't need it.

Cool, Dave, that'll be fun. The hotel info is here: http://www.lincolnsclub.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=70&forum=DCForumID45

I see that the LaQuinta down the street from me seems to be offering some good rates (give them a call - La Quinta Inn Chicago Arlington Heights, 1415 W. Dundee Rd., Arlington Heights, Illinois 60004, Phone: 1-847-253-8777), but I didn't have luck with the Holiday Inn Express. I went to Loyola - if it's like it used to be, no boys spending the night in the girls dorms there. ;-) Hopefully that's changed.

Hubby has a new recipe for brats, so I think he wanted to make those, too. I should have enough grills and I'll try to remember charcoal this year, but I'll probably need a local person or two to bring extra coolers.

If anyone wants to help me shop, I have a Costco card, or if you know where to get stuff cheaper, please let me know.

How about suggestions for trophies (well not trophies, but some prizes)?

I assume we need distance awards, but we should have some fun ones too.

Trophies-

Best Stock 93 -96
Best Modified 93 - 96
Best Stock 97 - 98
Best Modified 97 - 98
Farthest Traveled
Most Mileage
Loudest

For starters

Trophy for the loudest, Steve? hmmmm, wouldn't be because of that nice exhaust YOU got, huh? ;) hahahaha

Awards:
Cleanest Mark VIII
Fastest (for the track day)
Best Stereo/Entertainment system

Stuff for the meet:
Lawn Chairs (I'll bring a couple)
Cooler (I'll bring one)
Radio
Football, basketball, softball and bats, cards.....

Things are going good, but we do need committments for people to bring some extra coolers and ice, and I'd love to find someone who could pick up some fast food like a bucket of chicken to bring to the track on Sunday - anyone?

Back