HELLO MIDWEST (Spring 2K4)

Brad

Registered
Hey, We need a meet. I really dont want one in the winter so you guys wanna plan a big one for the spring. So lets toss some ideas back and forth. This should be a big meet since we are going to plan it this early. Spring 2K4

RE: HELLO MIDWEST (Spring 2K4)

Well, we could do what we did at the Detroit meet last April.
Lunch at Hooters.
Go Kart racing at [link:www.kart2kart.com|Kart 2 Kart] (if we get enough people, we could probably do a group tournament thing. They also have a conference room if we wanted to use it)

Perhaps spend the evening at [link:www.daveandbusters.com|Dave and Busters]
Dave and Busters is about 3 miles away from Kart 2 Kart, and there are a couple of hotels across the D&B parking lot (walking distance :) ) for the out of towners.

Any other ideas?

Why not a winter party? Christmas or new years type thing.....

Sure but where, new years party sounds fun. Winter driving in these cars for outer towners. we will lose some members on the way.

There is always the chance of a snowstorm which would really mess things up. I'm assuming that's why spring was requested. That, or maybe to make it easier for us school kids to make it :)

The go karts are indoors, as is D&B, so season doesn't matter if people were interested in either of those ideas.

Thanks for the replys. I guess the Midwest died but I cant think of anything. the go carts sound fun its about time we beat the ##### out of something other than are cars :)

I'll talk to my Uncle Eddy for a possible Dyno Day.
He has a dyno in his shop and he is the founder of Z-MAX.
I will keep you guys posted, and maybe we could give awards of Z-max to the person with the Best HP and Torque ! LoL.
( By the way, The Z-max product does not wear your engine down. I been hearing about this before and it's a bunch of BS. I had a 79 Seville. Smoked up everytime I drove it. Poured a system of Z-Max in there, and poof. Smoking gone, drove way better, and cleaned up that inside of the engine. Beatiful product and I will actually be putting some in soon for my Mark. Don't let this product down unless U've tried it.)
I'll push for this; sounds like a hell f a time.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
STRA DOG

http://mark8.org/users/Brad/jonmark.jpg

It all sounds like fun to me. Actually, I'd like to see us get another Detroit meeting together. Then again, I like all the meets I go to, the problem is not enough vacation time to go everywhere.

In the Chicago area, I'd like to see us find a way to get together before the holidays and the really crappy weather.

I'd like to get together for something too, but I won't be able to for a while.
Let me toss out something....... Hooters in early December? Or like Jon said, a get together and dyno pull.
BTW, I'm at 225 hp and 233 torque at the rear wheels. Anyone else know their numbers?

I have a friend who is a mgr at PF Changs China Bistro in Downers Grove (just down the street from hooters). Im sure we would be well taken care of if we met there...........

I have a friend who is a mgr at PF Changs China Bistro in Downers Grove (just down the street from hooters). Im sure we would be well taken care of if we met there...........

Cool, what date are we thinking? and do they dress in tight orange shorts there too? :9

Cool, what date are we thinking? and do they dress in tight orange shorts there too? :9

Cant help ya there....But my experience is that there arent alot of active brain cells wandering around hooters. :) PF Changs is a upscale chinese place. IM sure my friend would comp our appetizers at least.

I'd love to come but I can't really make time to come out to Chicago again.

Last time i was at the dyno, i made about 225 rwhp. However, since then i've gotten a colder thermostat, cobra intake, and some, eh, exhaust work. So i should be making considerably more, now.

Keep dreaming, Dave. J/K buddy....

It should be considerably more next spring right ???

I am not driving my Mark in the winter too far out ... posi and gears are killing me on the dry pavement, can't even imagine snow or ice.

But I can always bring my gf VW 03 GTI, which puts down better numbers than you guys, at least stock 2nd gens lol.

For everyone in Chicago, I'll be there this Friday, doing some exhaust work and other stuff. If interested in meeting, let me know.

Anyone want to plan a day and time and where. TGI Fridays is down there in downers grove.

I vote Detroit or Indianapolis. Just cause they're close. If you guys wanted to come to Columbus I know a guy with a dyno here in town that would be more than happy to have us over. BTW, you guys better free up some HP if we're having a dyno shootout and I'm there.

Columbus sounds good too. I'd say any place up to 400 miles from Detroit gets my VOTE !!!.

Back