Sup guys....

Stra Dog

Registered
What's up Midwest!!
Just seeing if you all are awake and living...
let's try and get another meet going in like May or early June.Sorta a big one would be cool.
I am busy with a lot of Prom (edit) this month and alittle into May, so all the presents for the Mark will have to be delayed...
Let's try and get another going...

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

RE: Sup guys....

I'm about to tear down my car again to install the vortech. After that is done, I think it'll be almost time for Carlisle. Are you coming ?

O helly yea.... I forgot about Carlisle. geesh how can I ?. LOL
I'll most likely be going. I am for sure buying some new rims and tires by the middle of May. But I'm still not sure which kind. I'm still on the hunt. I just seen Manuel (Black97LSC) driving around today, thought that was cool... But yea Carlisle will prolly be a go for me. We need to make sure we have a nice amount from the Midwest hitting it up. That way we can have our Midwest "Fleet" drive up there together...
But damn it's late, I gotta get out... Later.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

Jon get gears, I was going for the looks of my car but I drove my friends 12 second Z28, that just made my car feel like a little b****, hoping the 4.10s will help alot. Im going be doing big mods from now on. the car is striped to hit the track up this weekend. I don't think I will have the slicks on but route 66 just got treated. Im going for a 13.9-14.2 if I dont get that the headers will be coming in month or so.

Sounds good, Brad. I believe I'm going strictly for looks now.
With a little help from mods like: High flow cats, custom air intake w/ Pro-M Maf, a chip and tune sometime this summer, and maybe some fuel modifications( 255, regulator..).
But that (Should) be about it for the major mods to come.
I am on my final decisions for the rims, which should most likely be in by the middle of May.
The lowering is the "nextest" thing to happen. Shortly after, a new crankshaft pulley from Steeda will be put on, with of course with a shorter belt.
But as far as for gears, I don't believe they will be heading this way anytime soon..(as well as the headers.)
Just trying to get the most out of the car now and drive more on the safer side, while have that power still available for some play.
It is creeping up in miles ( about 95K ) and I want to make sure it lasts me a while, without pushing the engine TOO hard.

P.S. Good luck on the install with the gears and have fun with those slicks.LOL.
I also seen a nice '94 Mark VIII with some American Racing rims today. It had one of those tri-color paintjobs. I thought it was a sharp color. Resembles Geno's but much lighter. I left a card on the ride, so hopefully he comes to visit.

Happy Easter all !!

Later,

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

I believe you were the one running 15's at the last meet...
I do believe I was the only one at that meet to reach 14's.( No offense to anyone.)I'm just trying to prove a point to this young boy.
I also have to ask you a quick question.
Why would you buy "slicks" for your stock Mark VIII?
I mean you did remove the mufflers and install a conical filter, but I don't think that will get you to mid 12's.

If we don't have anything nice to say, why say anything at all?

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

I believe you were the one running 15's at the last meet...

OWNED !!! LOL. j/k guys.

He'll need some better tires once the 4.10s go in.
Brad, did you get the new MTs ? how much ?

Jon the only reason you got the 14.8 is because I iced your intake and you went before me and when It was my turn the guy in front of me blow his engine send oil on the track. I do believe I was all stock to. You will see jon when I break into the 13s next month maybe this weekend.}( }(

Ha.. Good luck , Brad.
4.10's alone are not going to put u into the 13's.
And I do remember my eng. temp being right below midway. You also know how long those lines were. My engine was definently not "cool" by the time it was my run. I can see if the temp. outside was around 70, but not High 80's to low 90's. The engine was definently warmed up. And I do believe on that run I also burned up the tires at launch. So it wasn't the best take off ever. Not saying I could have got a lower time, but who knows.

LOL. F*** all this fighting. You know me and you are good buddies. It is fun screwing around once in a while. Tell me a date for the track. I may go up to "watch" you break into the 13's. My car isn't ready for some drag racing til about mid May. ( new tires, other mods still need to be put on.)

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

Thank you Jon and your fine co workers at UPS, my posi unit came to day and it was on time. people ran 14.4 all stock, I have a cold air intake and how do you say less exhaust, 200 pounds of the car, slicks,MSD, and soon to be 2 tire fire

What's up boys. I see Jon and Brad are at it again. What are you gonna do with these two.
I'm up for a mini meet but I've been dealing with some Mustang issues. I've been playing with that on weekends, the better part of my past few weekends. I might just have to rebuild the engine :( I'll probably clean up the Mark and do a couple of maintenance things this weekend. Let me know about a meet.
Jon, I was going to stop Saturday but I was late for something.....you know me. Always late for something.

Yea I sorta figured, Manuel. PM me your number and we'll go for a ride this weekend.Or chill and drink some brewski's.. LOL
Yes Brad, we at UPS do try and make sure all packages get from point A to B on time. LOL. Glad to hear it got there safely.
Hurry and put that together by this weekend so we can meet up this weekend and see what it got. :)

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

That isn't Strapp's Pro-M Maf, is it ?
I'll beat you if it is....

You have the e-trim in your possession now?
Can't wait to see how that baby runs...
4.10's, Vortech, Headers, new T/C, and some nice tires and a nice tune = ONE HELLA MARK VIII.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

I believe Joe said he did in the red whore, but he might,,wait he is crazy

Oh manuel if you need help I will help you rebuild it, I took apart some 302s in my day and not just at the track.}(

You guys are funny. You going to the track this sunday??? It would be good to see you guys and your slow mark VIII's again... :O)

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I believe Joe said he did in the red whore, but he might,,wait he is crazyOh manuel if you need help I will help you rebuild it, I took apart some 302s in my day and not just at the track.}(
[/div]

Its the oil pump. I'm having a buddy of mine do it since you have to drop the front K member to remove the oil pan. Not something I can do in my garage. Thanks for the offer Brad.

What is the oil pump? YOu cannot remove the oil pump w/o removing the front cover, valve covers and all two main timing chains. Changing the oil pump is a serious undertaking.

Back