2009 Event(s)

Trixie

Staff member
OK, I think we in the Midwest have let our fellow LOD members down.

We NEED to get at least one huge meet together this summer.

Some thoughts I have:

The Mississippi river cruise that Tixer mentioned. More drinking than driving preferred.

A lets all work on cars meet - but where?

Perhaps do a joint meet with the TCCoA?

A possible Silly Hat Party Part II -- but I'd totally need help and possibly would need Hubby's approval.

Port Clinton (although we keep batting that one around, I think the priciness of it may be stopping us from following through on it).

Something like our old Chicago meets at Montrose Harbor with a trip to the race track?

Feel free to add thoughts or comments or suggestions or whatever. I'd really like us to be able to do a big meet this year, although I definitely cannot plan and organize it alone.

Hmmm...

I haven't solidified my calendar yet, but I know the track in MD opens the first of March, I'm hoping for a dynotune in May, then Carlisle and the 2009 Hot Rod Power Tour in June, a local event the 4th of July, a big race/show weekend in August, the SuperCoupe Shootout in September and hopefully the SSHS in November. I hope to run in at least one NMRA event in Charlotte, Columbus or Bowling Green.

Looks like April's open. ;)

I agree we need more midwest meets!

I'm always trying to push for another Michigan meet (s). A Port Clinton/Put in Bay meet is one of my favorite subjects too.:D

I've got an air compressor and a couple air tools, we could have a work on cars meet at my house anytime. With 3 Marks, I have these meets by myself all the time.:D

ug... no Port Clinton... :D

and I know, that you know, why we can't ever go back there... :D

:D -J

Skip Port Clinton and go directly to Put in Bay. Just no point in going as far as port clinton and not going all the way!

It looks like i'll be in PIB the weekend of August 28. I guess that's key west weekend. I'll probably ride my jet ski and stay on my dad's boat.

Back