Southeast Michigan Downriver Cruise 09

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
It's usually the last weekend in June.

It's a nice cruise up and down Fort street. Traffic and parking are not a nightmare like the Woodward cruise.

Anyone going this year?

Give me more details. If we can turn this into a meet, I'll check with the Kid and see if he'd like to head up there that weekend with me.

How does the event work? Is it one day of cruising between various spots to park and show?

It's Saturday, but people cruise Friday night too.

You just get on Fort Street and drive, when you get to the end you turn around and go the other way. You stop wherever and whenever you want.

I usually stop and/or meet other people, at my sister's house. I had another friend lhat lived a couple blocks away and we would walk down to Fort and watch the cars drive by. He's not there anymore though.

You think the Lincoln dealer would let us in again Bill?

I don't know for sure, the lot was reserved for the LCOC Lincoln club then. I don't know if they reserved it again this year. They're great people though, I have to think if they are there, they would welcome us.

As far as a meeting place goes, we can meet at my sister's house.:)

Well, the cruise is this Saturday.

Anyone planning on going, send me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone number, and we can meet up at my sister's or somewhere else. It's hard to plan this, as there are many different places to go.:)

Sorry, emergency landscaping issue came up (seriously - I couldn't make it up if I tried).

Was out tonight and last night, I'm suprised, theres noone out, usually it starts to pick up by now.

I wish it was close enough I could drive up, attend, and drive back in one day. I just can't ask out dogsitter for another stay - that would put her at 4 of the last 6 weekends :(

I sure hope I can come next year.

I'm sorry, I've been so busy, I haven't had time to post the photos yet. I've got a lot, and I need to sort and resize them first.

There were 4 LOD members there, it was great!

OK other members, where are your photos?:D

I hope to post my photos tomorrow during breaks from working on 2 of the Marks.:)

I'm sorry, I've been so busy, I haven't had time to post the photos yet. I've got a lot, and I need to sort and resize them first.

There were 4 LOD members there, it was great!

OK other members, where are your photos?:D

I hope to post my photos tomorrow during breaks from working on 2 of the Marks.:)

No sweat, Bill - sounds like you have your hands full already! Glad to hear some members joined you for the cruise :cool:

I finally got some time for my photos of the Cruise.

Here's some of my favorites:

Here's Leadfoot's (Marc's) car:

DSC03563 (Medium).jpg

Here's Jeremi's car:

DSC03566 (Medium).jpg

Here's Jake's car:

DSC03571 (Medium).jpg

Here's my car:

DSC03565 (Medium).jpg

DSC03560 (Medium).jpg

DSC03562 (Medium).jpg

Here's a Canadian Mercury Truck: