Work party at my place Saturday?

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
I'll be finishing up taking the red Mark apart this weekend, so I thought I'd ask if anyone local would like to stop by for the fun.:)

There's not much left, the trans, engine, front clip, and some small stuff like the door handles and antenna.

The tank, driveshaft, exhaust, wiper cowl, and interior are all out already.

You won't have to work on the car, but if you want to grab a wrench, the tool box will be open.:D

Working on a car is a party.:D

Especially if you don't care much about the car.:)

Thanks Jeremi, the hoist will come in handy. Too bad you can't put it in your new CE.

It's my turn to buy the steaks for the grill.

Bill, could you shoot a picture of the back of the motorand email it to me once you have it out. I have the dreaded 1537 code (IMRC stuck) going off in my 96 Black car. I had a little Seafoam left and it still is tripped even after resetting so I am trying to see if it is possibly the cables or vacuum lines, but as you know space is at a premium so I need better info that a picture could supply. Thanks in advance.

No way Charlie. You have to come up here and get the photos yourself.:D

I've got the 96 IMRC's sitting on the original green engine in my garage, you can see exactly what you want right there.

OK, if you can't make it, I'll take some photos for you.:)

I wish I could be there, beats sanding and painting out door stuff, and then having to contend with the IMRC issue.

We had a great time!

Everyone was there, Jeremi and I.:D

Thanks again for all the help Jeremi, I really appreciate it!

We got the engine, trans, deck lid, hood, door handles, front bumper, side mirrors, and more misc stuff from the car today.

It's going to the crusher tomorrow, thanks to Jeremi's tow truck friend.

A moment of silence please.:D

No problem JP, let me know. I think I'll just do another thread about the part out photos.

Charlie, I took some photos of the 96 IMRC's for you though, let me know if you need the full size photos.

The first one is the driver's side, they are all from the back of the engine.

The second one shows about 2.5 inches of vacuum from my hand pump, to fully actuate the IMRC.

The third one shows both IMRC actuators.

The fourth one shows the Passenger's side.

Attachments

• DSC06193 (Large).jpg
    DSC06193 (Large).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC06194 (Large).jpg
    DSC06194 (Large).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC06200 (Large).jpg
    DSC06200 (Large).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC06202 (Large).jpg
    DSC06202 (Large).jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 125
Charlie, if you don't have a vacuum pump, just put a piece of hose in place of the vacuum hose on the IMRC dashpot. Then use one hand and reach in and move the IMRC all the way closed, then plug the hose with your other thumb. If the dashpot is good, it should stay there.:)

Back