Downriver cruise 2011

Hey! Hubby! Your wife wants you to take her out on a date to the Big Boy!

Geez! If I had thought Big Boy was going to cause a stir like that I wouldn't have mentioned it!
I have no idea what's up there...I just want some damn breakfast:mad:

Well that wasn't bad, met up with Jeremi, his wife, Tim, Bill and Dean! I was there with my friend Bob who drives a white 1990 Porsche 928 S4. We were waiting for "Leadfoot" who didn't show and we never got to take a group car photo! Oh well, we'll get together for one soon I hope!

Plenty of great cars to see on the cruise! I ended up leaving the mayhem at 4 PM, I guess everyone else left around 3:00 ~ 3:30 PM. I got a call from Rob around 5:15, he was just arriving in his 98 Cordovan CE. He probably got stuck in traffic there!

Bill you were taking some photos, post some up! Especially the one you took of me at the whell as I was getting there!

Thanks again for the floor mats, Jeremi!

Leadfoot was there Gonzo, I even pointed out your car to him when you drove by. You were supposed to come back.:D

I saw that Cordovan CE I think, but I didn't get a shot of it.

Thanks everyone for showing, it was a great cruise, beautiful day, and lots or beautiful cars.

Here's some photos, member's cars first. :)

Attachments

• lead.JPG
    lead.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 145
  • lead2.JPG
    lead2.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 3marks.JPG
    3marks.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 3marks2.JPG
    3marks2.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 147
  • gonzo.JPG
    gonzo.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 144
Thanks for the pics, Bill. And thanks to Jeremi for the new headlights and the good advice for next year's mods.
It was good meeting some new people.

Maybe we can do it again for the Woodward Cruise??

Thanks Bill! I called Dean after Bob and I had finished at Wendy's but he said he was leaving and everyone else was too so I figured we'd just make 2 laps and take off. We left at 4:00 PM. WOMC Radio 104.3 caught Bill on their camera - look to the right in this pic:

dsc_0597.jpg

Their page with the image is here: http://womc.radio.com/2011/06/25/cruisin-downriver-2011-photos/#photo-49

Very nice car, Dean! Is your neon tube getting dim? It didn't seem too bright when you hit the brakes as I was behind you. I'm going to do more research into the 2003-2004 Cobra exhaust manifolds that you mentioned. I read in another thread on those something about an air tube and EGR? I'm quite a while from doing this though, and I need to ditch that too-quiet 50-Series Flowmaster in favor of a 40-Series 2-chamber.

There is a Michigan Avenue Cruise on July 9 and the Telegraph Rd Cruise on July 24 before the Woodward Cruise.

And there's always this: http://www.cruisinmi.com/calendar/events.asp

Last edited:
That's funny Gonzo, thanks.:D

I remember driving next to that Monte Carlo, watching it bounce up and down.:)

Back