Registered
I'll be at the Sunday show, always a huge show:

Saturday:
20th Annual Boy Scout Car Show
scheduled September 5, 2009 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Peconic Lane
Peconic, NY
Rain Date September 6th

Antique, steam, classic, collector, street rod, custom cars and trucks, picnic area, refreshments and food, bring a blanket, playground.

100 trophies, dash plaques to 1st 200 show cars, cut off date 1987, show car registration closes promptly at 11am, pre-registration show and driver $10, at gate $15, pre 1942 free, general admission $5, under 12 with parent free.

Presented by Troop 6 Committee to Benefit Troop 6, mail: car show, po box 67, Peconic, LI, NY, 11958, info: (631) 298-5757, skabrysr@aol.com

Sunday:
Real Deal Blast From The Past Car Show
scheduled September 6, 2009 from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
West Islip, NY
Driver And Show Car Free Up To 11AM, Show Cars, Classic Cars, Hot Rods, Emergency Vehicles, Live Entertainment, Doo Wop 50s-60s Music, 50/50, $500 Cash Prize, Peoples Choice Awards, Dash Plaques, Goody Bags After 11AM, $5 Donation For Show Cars, $5 Donation For Public To Walk In, Kids Under 12 Years Free, Enjoy The Fun For The Family Show Of The Year, This Show Is A Fundraiser, Vendors Wanted, Ray (631) 539-9200, www.westislip.org

How did you do at the show, Leo?

I didn't go to the Sunday show because on Fri/ eve I got a phone call from the organizer of another show. He is also the organizer of the NY Custom Car Show held every Thanksgiving weekend.

He also had a show set for Sunday but suddenly found himself without Judges or any help of any kind because the car club (Crossbay Cruisers) he was doing it with left him in the lurch by giving him a fraudulent insurance certificate. He had to kick them out but that left him without help. So five other guys and I went to help and we did all the judging of about 150 cars. It all worked out but the car club president started spreading a false rumor the show was canceled so we surely lost about 100 cars. Many of the members of the club were pretty upset about the shenanigans and resigned, it was just the last straw for them.

We all go to these shows to enjoy ourselves and relax and not to have to put up with these politics and turf wars. There's no place for that in this hobby.

Back