locked out of car

RE: locked out of car

Right now, my car alarm will draw my battery down in about 3 weeks to the point where the car won't start. The battery is 3-4 years old though, i guess it's time.

Same for my 96 as well, it is why I actually disconnect the battery while it lays around during the winter. It also has anew battery and alt.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Same for my 96 as well, it is why I actually disconnect the battery while it lays around during the winter. It also has anew battery and alt.
[/div]

Just get a Battery Tender Jr. to keep the charge, I used one for my Vette over the winter. You can get them on e-bay and at auto stores.

Damn. So no one is as bad as me?

I locked my keys in the car, while the car was running (testing the a/c cooling) while I ran into a friend's house, on purpose.

...only to forget my code!!! LOL

I now have it written inside of my wallet. I think that takes the cake.

Btw, the A/C got down to 43F when I was able to finally get back into the car with a spare (had her drive me all the way home, get my spare, and come back).

I have you beat man! Check this out. I was in Parsippany, NJ in a hotel on business. That night is was freezing, it rained, then encased my car in a shell of ice and then snowed about 4 inches. Trying to get into my car so I could get to my scraper I broke the drivers door handle. I got smart and went back to my room and got some hot water and poured it on the passenger side door and got in. I let the car warm up for like 20 minutes and then I went to check out. With the wind chill it was like 20 below. I locked the doors and left the car running because I thought I knew my code. When I got back to the car I could not get the number right for the life of me. Nothing worked and I use to do this all the time. Being I was there to see the township of Parsippany I called the police and they came over right away. No slimjim, we have skid plates in the doors? Anyway, I warmed up in the police car and then I was off to call a locksmith.

No joke, I was only wearing a fleece and I said a prayer and then started hitting button on the key pad that I thought were the code. After about 5 minutes my fingers were about to fall off, the drivers side door unlocked! That was great only to find out that I broke the door handle. I tried everything to get that door open but my fingers were so numb. I kept hitting the numbers making sure I used the same 4 numbers that opened the drivers side door. I tried everything. Before I knew it the trunk popped open. I had 2 numbers reversed and then opened the passenger side door and got in.

I never waited around for the locksmith - I had a 2 hour window - screw that!

Hehe.

Fyi (to anyone), enter your code and within 2 seconds; pressing 2/3 will unlock all doors. Pressing 4/5 will open the trunk. 6/7 does something on other vehicles, but I can't remember.

I remember that from working at the dealership. I just couldn't remember the damn 5 digital code! lol

Hi again,

I just logged back in to check out all the replies I got with this problem and had a few laughs, even at myself. Ok, here's what caused my battery to be dead... no laughing! Remember how I was in a hurry cuz me and my boyfriend were hopping on the Harley to go out to eat. He is the most impatient person on earth. Well, I had to roll the windows up and shut the sunroof and the sunroof can be kind of slow... I left the ignition on, that's why my battery was dead. Want to know how I got in???? Extra set of keys-- I just had to really think about where they might be and low and behold... TA DA! Found em!! I had both sets in my car at one time and wondered what I would do if I ever had a low or dead battery, so I took one set in the house, just for that reason. It dawned on me as I was looking up Locksmiths in the phone book. So, learned my lesson. Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciated it at the time. I own a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII-maroon God, this cars got some balls!! I love mine, bought it a year and half ago. There's nothing like punching it to pass somebody, it's like a rocket!!! Gas mileage sucks majorly!:D :7

Fuel milage isn't all that bad on a Mark. At least not road milage. I get right at 25.5 average driving from Baltimore to Albany, NY. Round trip with all the stop and go at weekend destination comes down to about 21. Wife gets 18.5 just running around the neighborhood, shopping and such. With all that comfort (and power), can't complain.

Got a chuckle about your lock-out...I ALWAYS keep a spare key in the house... but have always wondered about being out and about and locking myself out. I guess that's why I pay for emergency road service!!

Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'92 F250 Banks TurboDiesel Bimini Blue
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/charlespytko/Lincoln/BudPytko97LSC.JPG

Fuel milage isn't all that bad on a Mark.
[/div]

My fuel economy was reset before the trip to the track yesterday. 2-1/2 hours each way over mountainous terrain, 11 runs down the 1/4 mile and a good bit of idling = 19+ MPG. Not bad for a race car!

Also there is another trick.

I learned this a while back when I locked my keys in the car and a friend suggested to try.

Since my wife keeps a spare Key and fob on her key ring for when she drives my Mark, I called her at work on my Cell, held the phone up to the key pad and had her press the unlock on her Fob. and wah-lah unlocked. Ive tested this with my new remote starter and that works as well.

Hope this helps somone in the future.

... I called her at work on my Cell, held the phone up to the key pad and had her press the unlock on her Fob. and wah-lah unlocked. Ive tested this with my new remote starter and that works as well.

Hope this helps somone in the future.
[/div]

Whoa! :eek:

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]I called her at work on my Cell, held the phone up to the key pad and had her press the unlock on her Fob. and wah-lah unlocked.
[/div]This story has been around for a while, and is supposedly technically impossible via cell phones: http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

I'd personally like to witness this.

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Also there is another trick.I learned this a while back when I locked my keys in the car and a friend suggested to try. Since my wife keeps a spare Key and fob on her key ring for when she drives my Mark, I called her at work on my Cell, held the phone up to the key pad and had her press the unlock on her Fob. and wah-lah unlocked. Ive tested this with my new remote starter and that works as well.Hope this helps somone in the future.
[/div]

Since the Fob sends a radio wave signal and the cell phone transmits an audio signal, you can pretty much put this story in the BS column.

Also there is another trick.I learned this a while back when I locked my keys in the car and a friend suggested to try. Since my wife keeps a spare Key and fob on her key ring for when she drives my Mark, I called her at work on my Cell, held the phone up to the key pad and had her press the unlock on her Fob. and wah-lah unlocked. Ive tested this with my new remote starter and that works as well.Hope this helps somone in the future.
[/div]

haha what? I think im raising the bs flag on this one. Two different signals. Phone only makes sound wave.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U

Back