We've lost Alexander

On the right that is Ed, Alex and Ray around me, it is sad they are no longer with us. :(

Attachments

• LOD-on-lincoln-st.jpg
    LOD-on-lincoln-st.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 0
Sad news. Rest in peace Alexander.

Sad news. Rest in peace Alexander.

:frown:
My condolences to the family and relatives. Sad news indeed. Rest in peace Alexander.

We knew he was ill, but like JP said, I still didn't expect to hear this, at least not so soon. This club is what it is because of Alexander, and he will be missed greatly.

:(

I meet Alex at carlisle in 2000 & 2001 and came across as a very likable gentleman during every conversation. RIP Alex.

My prayers go out to Alex and his family.
He was a great guy who would always make me laugh when I saw him.
He will be missed dearly.
RIP Alex.
"Only the good die young"

In memory of Alexander, I have a good story I'll share with all of you.

Years ago I was in New York for I don't even remember what, and apparently having an afternoon to kill, I swung by Alexander's office in Queens unannounced. After signing in and hanging out in the waiting room Alexander came out from parts unknown and invited me into the inner sanctuary. I asked what he was doing for lunch and he said he was meeting some drug rep for lunch. We agreed that I was clearly some medical associate he was involved with and about thirty minutes later Alexander, the drug rep who's name I couldn't have been bothered to learn, and I were dining at this nice little Japanese restaurant.

It's worth saying at this point in time that I can't actually recall in all the time I knew Alexander seeing him drink anything that contained alcohol. I'm sure those of you who know me can see where this is going...

Anyway, knowing our luncheon was going to be paid for by the drug rep Alexander took full advantage of ordering expensive entrees and I took full advantage of ordering expensive martinis. An hour later, we were very full, and one out of the three of us was well on the way to completely tying one on.

I can only imagine what the drug rep thought. I would guess in the back of his mind "Dr." Bradley was apparently not quite the upstanding professional Dr. Sosiak was. After parting company with the drug rep, Alexander and I had a nice walk back to his office, chatting about nothing of consiquence I'm sure and then I continued on my way.

Alexander had what I think can best be described as an intense ease about him, which drew people to him. I will miss him.

My thoughts are with his family,

-Joe Bradley

Some have asked so Julie emailed me as follows:

"In lieu of flowers if anyone would like to make a donation that would be greatly appreciated.
Please make the donation to Memorial Sloane Kettering Sarcoma Research Fund in memory of Alexander Sosiak."

Address?

Address?

Leo, do you happen to have THAT address for us out-of-towners?

Some have asked so Julie emailed me as follows:

"In lieu of flowers if anyone would like to make a donation that would be greatly appreciated.
Please make the donation to Memorial Sloane Kettering Sarcoma Research Fund in memory of Alexander Sosiak."

Bud, that's the main hospital building, I don't think it's for donations. We'll check tomorrow for an exact address so anyone wishing to make donations please hold off until it's posted.

This is very sad news. I met him last year for the first time. He was a great guy, and the work he did here and on his other boards is first class.

Rest in peace Alexander.

Back