We've lost Alexander

LeoC2

Registered
I have some very sad news. Our founding father, Alexander Sosiak, passed away last night March 10 at 8:00PM. As many of you know he was battling cancer for the last year or so and he finally lost his fight last night. He was a good friend and he will be sorely missed.

When his wife Julie called me earlier I was in a Dr.'s office so I couldn't get all the details of when and where the services will be. I'm waiting for her to call me back and when I have them I'll post the info.

Edit... Check the NY Forum for wake details

Last edited:
OMG, that's terrible.

Prayers and Condolences to the family from Crazy 8's Racing.

We owe ALOT to Alexander, he will be remembered and missed greatly.

That's terrible news!!! RIP Alexander and thank you so much for building LOD for what it became today! Our sympathy's to his family......May God rest his soul.

Oh my, I only talked to him briefly recently but if he brought us this place he was a good man. RIP

OMG this is devastating news, I thought he was making a recovery. My warmest condolences to his family.

My heart goes out to everyone that has been touched by Alexander. He seemed like such a caring person.

My deepest sympathies to the family. Everyone here was brought together because of Alexander and his passion for his cars. I'm going to miss him and especially his wonderful sense of humor.

Alexander and Julie at a LI car show last summer

IMG_4890.JPG

:(That is very sad news, my sincere condolences to his family. I spoke with him a while back on the phone and he was in good spirits despite knowing he was terminal, as a physician and very intelligent man hew knew what he was up against.
He was a good friend and will be sorely missed. A few years back he even set my up on a blind double date with his wife and himself.
God speed Alex

Very sad indeed to hear of Alexander's passing. I met him in person once at Carlisle and he was certainly a likeable guy. Our sincere condolence to his family and the LOD family as well. We'll miss him for sure. I trust the club will come up with a fitting tribute to this fine human being.

Mercy, what a shock. I had the impression that the cancer was terminal, but even expecting this day to come some, it's still a big shock. My condolences to the family.

Jeff

sad news to hear indeed. rest in peace alex you will be greatly missed, but also greatly remembered by everyone who's lives you have touched.

Alexander was a great help when I had my first Mark many years ago. That's terrible news - I'm very sorry to hear that. My sincerest condolences to his wife and family.

If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

I am shell-shocked. :(

Despite knowledge of his continuing health battle, especially as of late, I always held out for the best to somehow be bestowed upon him. I somehow remained optimistic despite the odds and always tried to cheer him on any way I could, whether it was online or over the phone. I can't imagine his internal turmoil with him being a physician and having the knowledge of his progressive condition in such intimate ways.

When I met Alexander back in 2004, I immediately understood why the Lincolns of Distinction was such a special community. He was the definition of passion about Lincolns and Thunderbirds. He was infectious with his enthusiasm. Since then, although we only saw each other at Carlisle, I always regarded him as a very good friend. Countless discussions online and email exchanges strengthened our friendship over the years. Our annual pilgimages to Carlisle were not unlike family reunions. When we talked on the phone, it was just like talking to a member of the family.

Alexander was more than the founder of the club. He was a man of character, optimism, kindness and sincerity. He was intelligent, loyal and charitable. The lives he has touched are sure to be innumerable. We were blessed to have known him. We will miss him deeply and we grieve in the loss of our dear friend, mentor and leader.

My prayers go out to somehow comfort his charming wife, his family and his many friends. They truly have suffered a great loss with his passing.

Rest in Peace, Alexander, my friend. You fought with valor and your battle here is over. Your inspiration will live on in your absence.

1st Dave (Jibit), then Ray (1wykdmk8) and now Alex. Tragedy always happens in 3's.

May God take care of you guys and provide you with clear HID's and a Custom-tuned Chip.:big-grin:

If I was within 500 miles of NY I would attend.

This friday is the first street stock points race of 2008.
During the wake 7-9PM I will be racing in Alexander Honor and Memory.

I will say a small prayer for Alexander and his family before heading to the starting line during each pass.

RIP Alexander, I'll be tearing up the track in your Honor this weekend.

GodSpeed Mr.Sosiak..
(lump in throat)

Tommy
Crazy 8's Racing

Back