RIP Ken, aka Whiplash15

Thomas A

Registered
Ken Horner, known here as Whiplash15, passed away Thursday evening. He was a great friend to me over the past 10 years, and will be missed. He was a long time car enthusiast and had many Lincolns and Mopars over the years. He most recent driver was a 1996 LSC. See you soon Ken!

Ken.jpg

His daughter wrote this in memory of him:
First of all a Veteran. I had a commercial & private plane & helicopter license, also a licensed LPN, & the pleasure of assisting surgeon. Years I was a licensed real-estate broker; change gave me the opportunity to drive a semi across the country to meet hundreds of people and make many great friends. I died 16 June 2011, I was only 70 years old.

my name was Ken W Horner

RIP Ken.

I know it's gonna happen to all of us eventually, but I just hate seeing posts like this.

That being said, thanks Thomas for taking the time to let us all know. My condolences to you and to his family.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.436 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Our sincere condolences for friends and family.

May you rest in peace.

I opened this site this morning and the first thing that popped up was the news about Ken or Whiplash 15.

I want to offer my sincere condolence to his family.

I'm in shock right now because I just talked to him 2 days ago about a problem. He helped me fix my wiring harness problem and we spent a week together over the phone. I'm bawling my eyes out right now because I met this very special person and he touched me deeply.

I literally called him day and night while we were troubleshooting my problem and he never told me that he was too busy or to call back later. Each step was a triumph and he taught me so much about not only the Lincoln but also about giving. I am not mechanically inclined but he never allowed me to give up and that did more for me than I can ever put into words.

He made a statement when I talked to him two days ago and said, " You know, I've always felt that if I can help one person in my lifetime, then my life had value." He gave without asking anything in return and that is the type of true love that is so scare in our society today.

I will miss him sorely and will never forget his generosity, love, and kindness.

Budd

Wirelessly posted (Droid 2, cldnt afford iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROID2)

Omg im stunned, I've looked forward to meeting ken. rest in peace, sir

What a sad day. Ken's been a regular here pretty much since day one, and was always kind and helpful to everyone. He'll be sorely missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

I'm very saddened by this news.

I so thoroughly enjoyed the time I got to meet Ken, my thoughts and sincerest condolences are with his family.

I'm deeply saddened by this news. I never met Ken in person, but we talked as moderators and I know how much it meant to him to be able to help people here on this board.

My condolences to the family, Ken, you'll be missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends that are touched by Ken's passing. Rest in peace.

Last edited:
Back