2020 Ford Carlisle

LeoC2

Registered
Guys, I have a proposal that I would like all of you to keep in the back of your mind... just in case.

There is talk about canceling Sping Carlisle. If this Coronavirus hysteria goes on longer and forces the cancelation of Ford Carlisle I'd like us all to consder going anyway! We can still socialize, see each other, imbibe too much, and generally catch up on the past year. We'll have our own mini-meet and have just as much fun.

Just something to think about.

PS: This would be a BYUTP event... Bring Your Own Toilet Paper!

Sounds good at first, I wonder if other groups might try this too? Also, if they do cancel it, I'm guessing the people of Carlisle wouldn't appreciate us ignoring the quarantine.

Sounds good at first, I wonder if other groups might try this too? Also, if they do cancel it, I'm guessing the people of Carlisle wouldn't appreciate us ignoring the quarantine.

Well if there is a quarantine then of course that's a different story. More than likely if it is canceled or postponed it will be due to some sort of prohibition of large groups. I can't imagine why they would not want us and others to gather anyway.

I think it's a fun idea, but for me personally, there are a whole bunch of "maybes." As things were, this year's Carlisle directly conflicted with the youngest kid's High School graduation. To the point where I probably wouldn't have been able to attend (Her mother didn't exactly appreciate my suggesting we all skip graduation and go to a car show.)

However.. with all of this COVID-19 stuff, schools in Minnesota are shut down hard. If conditions don't improve by June, Graduation via WebEx is a very real possibility.. the good news about that is it opens up Carlisle weekend.. If Carlisle (the city, or the event) is open for business anyway..

There are enough moving parts here that I can't really anticipate how it's all going to work out yet. Let us keep this conversation going. My Lincoln needs to hang with other Lincolns. it's what it does.

less than 1week to go! My family did make the difficult decision to pass on the show this year. I do hope that a few members do attend, and report back. I miss seeing everyone, for sure.

If anyone wants to go but needs a sticker, I'll happily send you mine. If you happen to be the owner of a modified '97, that's all the better..

Amanda and I also elected not to go this year. 😭

If anyone does go... please stay away from everyone else...

probably best to not even get out of your car... just park and enjoy the A/C 😀

ha!!

We've got to make up for the increased air quality from that lockdown, anyway.. :D

Back