WFC7 World Ford Challenge 7 St.Louis MO.

RE: WFC7 World Ford Challenge 7 St.Louis MO.

How come there was nothing like this last summer when I found myself in Illinois for a day or two a couple of times with nothing to do? ;(

Hope everyone enjoys the bash. :7

I am bringing the stock 93 and its not a show car. But any thing is a racecar.
Keith
93 BLACK
93 MAROON
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.

JP, just let us know next time you're in IL. I can't guarantee we'll have an event like this, but I'm sure we could work something out. ;)

1st, 2nd & 3rd

1st, 2nd & 3rd

Well, yeah for us.

Mark got a 1st place trophy, Jay got a 2nd place, and I got a 3rd. All in different categories (long story).

We watched Keith race, but he broke out on his 2nd run with a 14.91.

The other Keith (VicRattlehead) was still in it when we left. I don't know how he did.

We were invited by Sir William of TCCoA to attend the MN12 Nationals in North Carolina this year.

Everyone was really nice, we had a fun time, and I can't wait to do it again. There was mention that there might be an event like that at the track at Joliet in August this year.

Oh, and my exhaust was a big hit too. :)

RE: 1st, 2nd & 3rd

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Well, yeah for us.Mark got a 1st place trophy, Jay got a 2nd place, and I got a 3rd.
[/div]

Woo Hoo! :7

Welcome back! Good job - got any pics?

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]Well, yeah for us.Mark got a 1st place trophy, Jay got a 2nd place, and I got a 3rd. [/div]Woo Hoo! :7 Welcome back! Good job - got any pics?
[/div]

Mark took all the pics. But I think he drives slower than me, so maybe he didn't get home yet. }(

UPR products was there - they had all the cool billet stuff, and it was cheaper than on their website. I kept going over there looking to see if maybe, just maybe, one of the fuse covers would get a little bit bigger. ;)

... UPR products was there - they had all the cool billet stuff, and it was cheaper than on their website. I kept going over there looking to see if maybe, just maybe, one of the fuse covers would get a little bit bigger. ;)
[/div]

I gave up on the fuse box cover and painted it. BTW - I still have a chrome one for a 'stang in the garage.

Mark took all the pics. But I think he drives slower than me, so maybe he didn't get home yet. }(
[/div]

Yeah, it must be my mufflers slowing me down. Smarty pants. :p :p :p

By the way Sharon, you forgot to mention the sunburn. Oh my God, I'm gonna be miserable tomorrow, having to wear a shirt and tie. xo <<< Looks like me right now. I wonder what they'd say if I came in shirtless. Seriously people, the sun was BRUTAL. Or maybe I'm just a wuss.

Yeah, I've got a bunch of pics, a little over a hundred, mostly vintage 'Stangs though. I did manage to get a few pics of one of Keith's runs, but don't know if I've got room to put them all here on my web space, but I'll post them somewhere in a day or so. In the mean time, here are some pics of our babies:

http://mark8.org/users/M_Darrah/st_louis/preview/winners.jpg
http://mark8.org/users/M_Darrah/st_louis/preview/trixie.jpg
http://mark8.org/users/M_Darrah/st_louis/preview/jay.jpg
http://mark8.org/users/M_Darrah/st_louis/preview/mark.jpg

Congrats guys! What categories did y'all win in?John[link:mark8.org/lodnca|NorCal Chapter Website]http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg'97 Mark VIII LSC'96 T-Bird 4.6L
[/div]

I'm still not sure! It was kind of messed up. No one seemed to agree which class our cars belonged in. Jay got put in the the 89-97 T-Bird/Cougars, and Sharon and I were in one of the Full-Size classes. They had two sets of judges (they got way behind because of rain on Friday), and apparently someone got their wires crossed when it came to classifying us.

Here's the weird part: They never called Sharon's or my name in the awards ceremony! Afterwards, I went to the judges tent and asked what class they put me in, and after much shifting through paperwork, they told me I got first in Full-Size and that I hadn't there to receive it! But I WAS right there from beginning to end. I know I would have heard it. I seem to recall being perplexed a couple of times when they skipped from third or second place in one class and went straight to the next class. Maybe Sharon or Jay can back me up on this. I suppose the noise from the cars on the track could have thrown them off, as they had to stop and wait a few times as cars went by.

Anyway, I walked back with my trophy, and then Sharon decided to check too. Sharon needs to confirm this because I'm not sure how it went down, but I believe they originally had her in with the T-birds too, but when she asked, they decided she shouldn't have been, and moved her to Full-Size. Her points gave her a third.

So both Sharon and I came very close to leaving St. Louis empty-handed. I won't lie to you, I was pretty disappointed (and I know Sharon was too), but the only reason I went back to the talk to the judges was to find out what they classified me as, so I knew what I was up against next time. They're really picky about stock vs. modified, and they pick it at the time they judge your car (no more than four mods - even non-factory plug wires count), so I thought I might have been stuck in some sort of modified class, which I figured I couldn't possibly win.

Honestly, I still can't figure it out, it was kind of a mess. Not to say that the show was run poorly, I just don't think they counted on us Mark VIII owners showing up to muck things up. :7

The moral of the story is this: WE NEED MORE MARK VIII's NEXT YEAR so we can get our own class and aren't looked upon as the red-headed stepchildren of the Ford community. It really was a good time, regardless of the headaches. There was some SERIOUS racing going on too, which I'm not that interested in, but I know many of you are.

Oh man, it's late. Gotta go.

RE: 1st, 2nd &amp; 3rd

Yes, we are horribly sunburnt. I stopped at Wendy's on the way home and the cashier made mention of it and asked if I was OK. ;(

OK, the awards story: Jay wins 2nd place in stock Cougars and T-birds. Naturally, we assume Mark, who has been detailing his car every hour, will win 1st. When he doesn't, something just seems wrong. I wasn't surprised that I didn't get anything, as I was in modified class, and there were a lot of nice modified cougars and t-birds there.

So Mark went to ask what category he was in. When he came back with a 1st place in full size, I wanted to know what category my 98 was in. They showed me I tied for 3rd in modified t-birds and cougars (don't know why the other guy got the award and not me), but when he put me in full-size, I legitimately won 3rd. The guy running it said we really shouldn't have been judged with the t-birds and cougars.

We just had a really good time. The guys parked behind Jay and I were great. It would have been nice to have a big group and perhaps a tent to avoid the sun, but just hanging by the cars and talking to people was fun too. Got a couple of people with Marks who came by and talked to us.

Well it is 7:54AM Monday and I just got home. We just got home from WFC7. I stayed and watched the last round of racing and then we drove straight home. Way to go on the trophies 1 2 3. I saw all three cars and they looked great. Sharon you were right on the 14.83 dial in. They subtract 1 tenth for the break out from your fastest and use that as your dial in. I didn't catch what until I asked when I was in second round staging lane. At that point it was too late take a tenth off the car. 60 PSI air in the front tires would have done it. Anyway I lost by .o2o2 Sec. I had a great time and was glad I got to meet Mark,Jay,Sharon and Keith Along with several other members of TCCOA

Keith
93 BLACK 14.91 @ 92.3
93 MAROON

It was a great time. Congrats to Sharon and Mark as well.

When I got called for my second place they then called the first place out and it was someone named Mark. So I naturally thought Mark D. took 1st and the Marks took 1st and 2nd in the category. Though once Mark got up there we found out it was a different Mark with a T-bird. And yes we were all EXTREMLLY surprised; Mark's Mark is absoultly immaculate. There was no way my Mark could beat him out.

But he eventually came back with his 1st place trophy. My face and knees are very red, but my arms are very dark and tan :) I think Sharon got a thrill of showing her exhaust off. She seemed like a little kid just running to get in her car and start it up. It sounded great. And the guys behind us were awesome as well. They even brought a grill and barbequed. Good way to avoid the $4.00 cokes and $5.00 burgers.

If there is something similar in Juliet in August I'll try to make it up there. No guarentees though, I'm supposed to be in Dallas for a Viper meet sometime in August. Maybe they'll give me a Viper to drive down there :D

It was great to meet Mark and Keith, and always great to see Sharon again. And I think Joe probablly got a odd voicemail on his phone late one night.

I have some pics but won't get them posted up till Tuesday at the earliest. My USB cord is back in Cape.

Yea I am anxious to hear this voicemail....

I wish I could have been there. Work owns me though.

RE: WFC7 Pics

Doesn't a Mark VIII look great with new trophies set out in front.
Keith
93 BLACK
93 MAROON

Yep Keith, looks as good as a Mark VIII going down the track and getting a win light. :D

I think it was more fun knowing that we had people both showing and racing.

Nice pics Jay.

Oh, and if you take a look at the Red truck parked behind Jay -- that "ford" symbol is etched into the glass - it's not a sticker.

Glad you fellas had a good time, I'm sorry I couldn't make it out. I will say, though, that your Marks would have put mine TO SHAME. The past year of driving (18,000+ miles) has not been kind to my poor Mark :( 'Grats on the wins :)

Thanks Tony -- next year we'll go again and hopefully you can make it. Then you and Mark can fight it out for 1st place in the full size category. ;)

You guys may also want to check out the Midwest Fun Ford Weekend, they'll be sure to put you in the right class!
[/div]

Cool, thanks for the link. My folks live in the Quad Cities, just a couple of miles away from it.

Back