Carlisle vs. FFW/Gainesville

97LSC_2NV

Registered
Anybody planning on attending the Fun Ford Weekend in Gainesville FL, on June 4-6? I hear everybody talking Carlisle but no talk of Florida. Am I going to be the only M8 there? You know you've watched the Gatornationals and wanted to be there, now's your chance. If you haven't been to a FFW yet, this is a great track to experience it on. Hope to see some other Marks there!

I really hope that these events don't always fall on the same weekend year after year. I'm suprised that the Fun Ford Weekend folks would schedule head to head with such a big Ford event like Carlisle. I'm sure many of them would like to attend the Carlisle meet as well but aren't willing to give up the points to be there.

Maybe next year for Carlisle. This will be my first event with my new toy and Gainesville is sooooo close to Orlando. Its a 'no-brainer' this year. See you in the staging lanes!

Steve
97 Opal Opalescent
Jet Black Interior
Chrome Octastars
(Base times to follow, then...I tinker)

RE: Carlisle vs. FFW/Gainesville

i will be at gainesville and i think i can get dennis to show up as well.

I have preview @ UF on the 9th and 10th.. Hopefully i can find something to do in between ffw and that.

Oh man... I remember PREVIEW... tho it was ages ago... Ended up staying in Broward Hall... my first exposure to college dorms. Thought it was nasty. You get used to it tho. I lived in Murphree Hall my first two years (no air conditioning), before moving into the fraternity house. That was back in the day when the weekend started on Wednesday night in Gainesville. The whole campus was wet. You couldn't walk down frat row during rush week it was so packed... everybody drinking free beer. We'd go through 13-15 keys for the average post-game football party. Ah... those were the days... And yes, somehow I managed to graduate too! (at least I THINK I did...)

Gainesville's a blast man... enjoy it!

Back