6400 Watts of BadSax

BadSax

enjoys 3 martini lunches
I asked Santa for some new equipment racks, and Santa delivered... :D

2240254450039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

2648820860039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

So these are a few shots of my 'mobile' gear... SKB 6U on the bottom and 8U on top, both are roller racks. The amps push a total of 6400 watts @ 4ohm, driving 4 Bose 302 bass bins, and 8 Bose 802 full range mains... :D

It's enough sound to be complete overkill in almost all (even large outdoor) situations... :D :D :D

Very, very nice. :) Is that your new wireless mic receiver I see up top?

you even matched your power regulators. Classy! Do you have plans for that space between the amps on the lower rack?

SWEET!! Hey my dad has a 502B that I think he is trying to sell along with some other equipment..... 502B throws some pretty nice bass. Give me a yell if you have any interest.

Very, very nice. :) Is that your new wireless mic receiver I see up top?

you even matched your power regulators. Classy! Do you have plans for that space between the amps on the lower rack?

Yes new wireless mics... which don't work correctly, so I'm waiting to hear about about exchanging them... :rolleyes:

I use the to power conditioners because I try to plug each rack into different circuits. The amps draw less the 9A max each, so I can run them pretty full out on a standard 15A house hold circuit. If I get a 20A circuit for each, I'm golden... :D

No need for a 220V-240V outlet, although the amps could run that voltage no problem... :D

I use the bottom 6U rack when I'm running all 4 subs, and those suckers get hot, so the extra space is just to give them a little breathing room. The new racks don't let me mount them a single space apart which is too bad, but it's still better then them being racked together and cooking each other... :D

Last edited:
Nice!

I was going to ask what happens to the 6.4K watts of heat from that system?:D

I don't know much about those systems. Besides the power, how are they different than a separate home amplifier? What class are the amps?

Nice!

I was going to ask what happens to the 6.4K watts of heat from that system?:D

I don't know much about those systems. Besides the power, how are they different than a separate home amplifier? What class are the amps?

They are digital switching amps, I think class - I... they actually run much cooler then some class - D amps I used to run, they push about 3X the amount of power and pull less amperage out of the wall. But, they still get fairly hot, just not 'seriously burn your hands' hot... :D

Does this mean you can now sonic clean your car Joe?? LOL

It means he can sonic clean the neighborhood.

My poor house has already developed all sorts of sympathetic vibrations from trying to tune e.q. settings etc... just 1 sub is enough to rattle things inside my neighbors house when used inside mine... :rolleyes:

I guess this is to big.
This is at EPO in houston. Cost about $20

Will those fans exhaust? I'd like to have fans racked on the back of the cases, but they'd have to pull air out...

WP_000205.jpg

WP_000208.jpg

Will those fans exhaust? I'd like to have fans racked on the back of the cases, but they'd have to pull air out...

Just unscrew the fans and flip the fans around.

If you want one just PM me and I can go pick it up for you.

Fans like that will always have two arrows molded into one of the sides though. One indicating direction of rotation, and one indicating direction of airflow. Is that panel actually 19" it looks larger? It might be for a telecom rack..

Fans like that will always have two arrows molded into one of the sides though. One indicating direction of rotation, and one indicating direction of airflow. Is that panel actually 19" it looks larger? It might be for a telecom rack..

Your right about the fans.

Here a little info on the fan rack.

2001 – RLX Blade, first modern blade servers

In 2001, Houston-based RLX Technologies, which consisted of mostly former Compaq Computer Corp employees, shipped the first modern blade server. RLX was acquired by Hewlett Packard in 2005.

rlx_blade.png

You can wire some on there.....? How bout now Glenn, am I helping? Please let me help.... :D

Back