Randomly can't read whole threads.

Smithcraft

Registered
Hello.

I was looking for some information and in many threads I can only read the first post, but in other threads, I can read all of the posts.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Good morning, Smithcraft!

I regret that we're in the midst of a bit of a forum overhaul at the moment, and although we're up and running, (New version! New Hardware!) much of the content has yet to be restored to these pages.

So the good news is that it's definitely not a glitch on your computer, but I bet you knew that already. The bad news is that I don't know how long it is going to take to get our data back on-line.

With that being said, what are you working on? I'm happy to help if I can.

Ah! That would explain it then!

So, someone has decided they want my Mark VIII, and I need to get the suspension pumped up. I found this thread ( http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.or...troubleshooting-and-forcing-system-to-inflate ), but I can only read the first post. So I don't know if there are any issues/warnings with that technique, or suggestions to improve it.

As a side note, while I'm at work, our VPN stuff is flagging this forum as having malicious/phishing software and is complaining about Adobe Flash. Depending on what browser I use (Chrome/Edge/Firefox) I might get a video type box, or just the warning about bad stuff and Flash.

The whole "flagged as malicious" problem is actually what kicked off this series of updates. We were running an older version of the software that was apparently subject to some degree of attack. Hopefully, once we get all "settled in" on this new system, we'll be cleared from some of these blacklists..

As for your Air Suspension problem, I remember Bill posting that. It's a great bit of information, but I see the pictures are basically critical where it comes to identifying the pin numbers. I know the Air Suspension Relay is a common trouble point if you are getting no action at all from the compressor.. It's a little solid-state affair, with a heatsync on it. I know it is identical with another one that can be temporarily swapped for troubleshooting, but I forget which.. :) (abs maybe?) I suppose if yours has been sitting, it could just as easily be a seized pump on the compressor, too.

As for the wiring and pinouts, the installation manual for the "ASHAM8" suspension controller has great documentation of the connector location, and the connectors themselves. Take a look at pages 7 through 9 of this PDF. You should be able to use it in conjunction with Bill's post to troubleshoot.
http://members.upcweb.hu//breda.belarobert/asham8/ASHAM8 Manual pre.pdf

If you want a "super low tech" fix, I've noticed that the air lines are the exact diameter of a "presta" style Bicycle air valve. This means if you happen to have access to a bike pump of this style, you could disconnect the air lines from the compressor, apply power to the individual solenoid, (12v power supply, or maybe a 9v battery would be enough) and pump them up manually, one at a time by sticking the specific air line into the end of your pump.

My post just shows how to manually control the solenoids, compressor relay and vent valve to help troubleshoot the system. It's not the only way to troubleshoot it, I only posted it to help people that aren't familiar with how the system works and for people that don't have a manual to show the wire pins and wire colors. This also helps to determine what part isn't working properly.

Another way to troubleshoot would be to swap known good parts in, but that takes more time and more parts.

I don't think I had any important photos in that post.

Hi. Any updates on when the forum will be back to 100%? I am seeing most posts are deleted and cannot read through most threads.

Thanks.

I wish there was further information to tell you, but literally months later, we are still attempting to resolve this with the forum software tech support group.

I have to chuckle at their ever-present salutation in all their correspondence....

Please note, we are experiencing an extremely high volume of support requests at this time...

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but for the longest time it was thought we were the target of Russian hackers. I've actually begun to think it was far more nefarious than a random hack. :rolleyes:

I've had forums for my website business in the past. Never have I seen anything like this and for so long. I wish I could be of assistance. I have used vBulletin in the past as well. Your webhost/forum mgt. really is dropping the ball here unfortunately.

It's even worse than that. At least you get a reply. I've been unable to post threads, or even replies. I don't know why I look in here almost every day still, old habits die hard?

Is the all the forum and website data still backed up or intact? Not sure how much is left in the clubs coffers but maybe just do a reboot and hire someone to get us back to the way we use to be. Whatever little traffic we were still getting has died off. I know younger people now use other social media like facebook and instagram that has taken some of the traffic away. But to me this format is still the best for helping people and all the archived knowledge for searching. I am a moderator on a Ford Escape forum fr 2013+ Escapes, it gets a lot of traffic every day, granted it's a much newer car and a lot more are sold including foreign clones. But there are still a lot of Lincoln people out there included the cult fans of the Mark VIII and we don't want to lose touch with them.

Is the all the forum and website data still backed up or intact? Not sure how much is left in the clubs coffers but maybe just do a reboot and hire someone to get us back to the way we use to be.

That is one avenue we have tried, but (as I was told) "it's not just that simple".

Regardless, rest assured there has been and continues to be efforts to get everything back.

​​​​​It would be a human tragedy of biblical proportions to lose everything here. Do we at least know that the data is still there? If all else fails, making it as a read-only archive and starting from scratch would be preferable to having the way it is now. What format is the backend data stored in? SQL?

Not to pile on, but you also really need to be using https at this point. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Mark! I'm glad to see you checking in! I hope life is good.

I agree completely that the loss of history and data here is indeed a tragic one. Some of the "background chatter" I've heard on this gives me hope that the data is still present, but just inaccessible to most (all?) of us. I know there's still work being performed, but it's slow going. I remain hopeful that we can get it back.

I have also considered the "read-only archive" idea you suggest. It'd be a good work-around if things are just too broken to go backwards.

Yes, the 'read only' archive has been considered as it is believed the bulk of the data is still there if for no other reason than the historical size of the database.

Right now, our diagnostics is in the hands of vBulletin who apparently leave a lot to be desired in terms of 'customer service'. :(

Back