What's happened to this club and our database?

Trixie

Staff member
So now that I'm single and have to work on my car myself, I find myself very angry that I can't even search this message board that I spent close to 20 years helping to build. And the issues we have with this new message board have led to such decreased traffic that there's no one who comes around anymore to even help check on this stuff. I just had a dream where I was truly devastated at how things weren't done according to protocol and have led to this devastation of years of hard work by dedicated members of this club. I'd have to ask that at this point, can't we just get a searchable database back? Or send something to members or former members (I don't think anyone has my new address however) and see who can help recover that data that made this site what it was?

I don't think it's any one person's responsibility singularly, I think too many of us got busy or whatever, and things slid and well, here we are with pretty much nothing and no one left. I for one would vote to have our old database reinstalled, even if it's search only.

HI! I'm still around.... Haven't posted here in forever ... I know, shame on me ... anyway today is JPs (Drillers') birthday I just wanted to stop by to wish him a good one and ask how his Mark's are doing? Has he gotten the new engine in the Blue Flame dialed in yet? Running it this fall? May be come to Fayetteville or Rockingham with the Carolina Crew?

Sorry to hear about your separation Trixie. I see what a problem not having a searchable database is. I was going to bump an old B-Day thread for JP but can't even really search for it.

Anyway, I hope all's well with everyone here. I miss hanging out with you guys and gals at Carlisle and Summer Blast. Those were the days ....

Im kinda new to this site but it was much better when I first joined.I see the part that takes my $20 from my account every year still works fine.

Hi Sharon...you're SINGLE????? Just WOW ! Sorry but with all the issues with the site after the change was too much for me. I miss the old system too. Guess I have old ageitus ! Me thinks the LOD will never be the same .

Without regurgitating all the past drama and current difficulties, we are still working on it.

... anyway today is JPs (Drillers') birthday I just wanted to stop by to wish him a good one and ask how his Mark's are doing? Has he gotten the new engine in the Blue Flame dialed in yet? Running it this fall? May be come to Fayetteville or Rockingham with the Carolina Crew?

Thanks man... I'd love to run at Rockingham again. I'm still looking for a new personal best ET...

So now that I'm single and have to work on my car myself, I find myself very angry that I can't even search this message board that I spent close to 20 years helping to build. And the issues we have with this new message board have led to such decreased traffic that there's no one who comes around anymore to even help check on this stuff. I just had a dream where I was truly devastated at how things weren't done according to protocol and have led to this devastation of years of hard work by dedicated members of this club. I'd have to ask that at this point, can't we just get a searchable database back? Or send something to members or former members (I don't think anyone has my new address however) and see who can help recover that data that made this site what it was?

I don't think it's any one person's responsibility singularly, I think too many of us got busy or whatever, and things slid and well, here we are with pretty much nothing and no one left. I for one would vote to have our old database reinstalled, even if it's search only.

I will respond to what your actual concern is above with complete agreement. I am very confused as to why this site has diminished. Both of my car builds and records are specifically on this site and no where else. I can't access any of it. I try to post and my posts get cut short. Posting pictures not what it used to be. We lost our database of CAD files here at work. Took a MIT engineer to recover it, and it is a mess. So I understand the tech side too. I never come here anymore because it is a hassle. I am not sure when I hit the 'Post Reply' button this will even upload. So many times before it cuts my text off. Keep on keeping on I guess.

And FB seems to get the most traffic. But you can't keep an accessible access to the old posts.But there is pretty good help without too much BS.

Haven't visited site for a while now. Sold my '98 Mark as I bought an '18 Mustang and sure didn't need 2 cars but did need one that I could easily find parts for. Sure miss the Mark, though. Sold it locally and personally know the new owner. Too bad he's not a real car affectionado!

I have been a dues paying member for about 15 years or more ! I do not visit very often because I do not like the new format and search is so hard to get to !

Good Luck ,
Sonny

Back