No announcement yet.

Check Engine Light On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I know of. Mark moved, I got divorced from Beerdog, and I really don't know anyone else close. Was hoping perhaps this thread would be seen by someone near here, but you've been the only person to respond. I could take it in to a shop I suppose, but IDK.
    Sharon
    98 VIII
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, I thought I responded, IDK what happened. Nope no one close that I'm aware of. However, of possible interest, while the codes kept coming back, today I cleared them and drove without the AC on, and no check engine light came on. Is this somehow related? I'm just frustrated and confused as to what to do next, as I don't want to dump more money into the car if she's not gonna live past her next emissions test or even next year. A piece of her rusted off in the garage.
      Sharon
      98 VIII
      sigpic

Comment

If those are the only 2 codes you get, A/C has nothing to do with it. You have 2 problems. According to my 1996 emissions manual, p1519 indicates imrc stuck closed. Since your imrc's are cable operated, that probably means that both of them are stuck closed. If you accelerate past 3000 rpms, do you feel the engine come alive, indicated that the imrc's have opened?

P1151 indicates a vacuum leak somewhere around the bank 2 imrc plate. This is causing the front o2 to correct for a overly lean condition. Could be the rod seals for the imrc.
        Andrew
        96 MKVIII Base

Comment

OK, I've accelerated past 3K many many times, and yes, she is feeling sluggish to me. I just thought it was weird. OK, well, I may have to take it somewhere, I'll have to see. Thanks so much for the help and info.
          Sharon
          98 VIII
          sigpic

Comment

So, went out today and the back end was slammed. Turned air ride off then on, it was lifting anyway once I turned on the car, then right side was way up high. No codes came on and by the end car seems fine, driving nice (over 3K rpm, but didn't get a good shift into 2nd with traffic to see if she's still got it). I give up! I really wonder, although I got a new battery over the winter, if something electrical is going wacky, maybe from the work they did a wire or two ???? I'm just frustrated at my inability to figure this out or fix it myself Kevin (that's it right?) I do appreciate you responding and helping. Maybe we can figure out a place to meet up with Manny if you're still close to Chi?
            Sharon
            98 VIII
            sigpic

Comment

Who's Kevin? I'm Andrew, and I live in Florida.
              Andrew
              96 MKVIII Base

Comment

Oops, sorry, (where's the embarrassment emoji?) OK, well codes came back. OK, so maybe I can take a vacay to FL
                Sharon
                98 VIII
                sigpic

Comment

Vacation is always a good thing. I'm not sure you want to drive all that way.
                  Andrew
                  96 MKVIII Base

Comment

Have you made any progress?
                    Andrew
                    96 MKVIII Base

Comment

Thank you for asking, none, none at all. On top of it, now the back end slams when I don't drive for a while. She's done for I need someone close by to help me decide what to do next.
                      Sharon
                      98 VIII
                      sigpic

Comment

Back end dropping, is prolly cause of the temperature. You may also have a slow leak be agrevated by the colder temperatures.
                        Andrew
                        96 MKVIII Base

Comment

I haven't linked it to temp, we've been up high and down low, and I haven't made correspondences. Oh, I think my neon is out too. She raises fine when I'm driving. It's just seeming like she will be a money pit since I can't fix these things on my own.
                          Sharon
                          98 VIII
                          sigpic

Comment

One thing at a time... don't let it overwhelm you.

JP

Comment

I'm overwhelmed, lol.
                              Sharon
                              98 VIII
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X