Electric fan module

bhans40

Registered
Need to replace the fan module.....Does anyone have a part number I can use to cross reference to after market?.....I tried 1 but it didn't have the correct set up......Please help me I am needy!..... Bruce

Last edited:
Bruce, I'm guessing here but I surmise you are talking about the blower motor speed control module?

If so, my go to parts list indicates...

Part number:

F5OY-19E624-A

Alternate number:
YF3Z-19E624-AA
I hope this helps. :)

driller I messed this up.....I need the engine electrical fan (with the shroud) .....What do you folks do when you need to change one?.....A number of years ago I bought one for my other Mark from Ford.....Not going to pay that kind of money again (unless I have to)

Do you need the entire fan assembly or just the motor?

As you may or may not know, the harness connection at the fan is known to corrode and overheat making the cooling fan inoperative. You may only need to repair that.

The fan motors themselves are available from most parts stores and it is not that difficult to replace but it does involve removing the entire assembly (with shroud), removal of the fan from the motor and drilling out the OEM rivets that mount the motor to the shroud.

Do you need the entire fan assembly or just the motor?

As you may or may not know, the harness connection at the fan is known to corrode and overheat making the cooling fan inoperative. You may only need to repair that.

The fan motors themselves are available from most parts stores and it is not that difficult to replace but it does involve removing the entire assembly (with shroud), removal of the fan from the motor and drilling out the OEM rivets that mount the motor to the shroud.

Thank you driller,thank you so much for the information......You an absolute fountain of knowledge willing to share....Thank you I'm going to buy a fan motor.....There are 3 phase and 4 phase motors I've seen.....I would guess I would need a 3 phase?

I believe the proper terminology is 3-pole or 4-pole. I'm fairly certain they are 4 pole motors.

There is a 3 pin connection on the fan motor to the harness. If I recall correctly, only the outer 2 wires actually are used and the 3rd (middle) wire is not connected to anything and terminates inside the harness.

It is a variable speed fan controlled by the Variable Load Control Module. The outer 2 wires should be black and light-blue with the black wire being the ground and the light blue wire being the positive feed from the VLCM.

It is a pulse modulated circuit which powers the fan from 50% to 100% as demanded by the ECM using the coolant temperature and AC function as inputs. If you turn on the air conditioning to MAX AC, the fan should run on high speed. Once up to operating temperature, anytime the AC is on, the fan should be on. As the engine temperature rises, the fan speed increases. The fan should shut off at vehicle speeds above approximately 45 mph.

You can test the fan motor by applying ground and battery voltage to the appropriate terminal pins on the connector.

I no longer have a cooling fan problem!!.....The auto shop I took my car to cross referenced the p/n on my old fan motor and came up with: VDO PM3092.....I do have to admit when I tried the p/n it didn't give me the fan motor but with a little more investigating I probably could come up with the motor.....A brand new motor was replaced at a cost of $150 plus $137 for labor.....For sure I could have done the job myself but it was already there for some other work.....BTW the old fan motor was original to the car....P/N off of old fan motor F8LH-*K621-AA Siemens Canada 162-022-05 w/stamped no. 18971.....Hard to believe.....bruce:)

Back