Rusty seat working again

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
Both seats didn't work on my new red beater when I bought it. I don't know why, but the frames were very rusty too. The carpet was dry and under the carpet is dry and clean.

The driver seat luckily already had the rear nuts removed but one of the rusty bolts in front broke off, I had to drill and tap it out.

I had to take the passenger seat apart to get to the rear bolts. The driver seat has a bad motor, I didn't fix it yet, I'm just using a spare seat I had for now. The passenger seat had a bad power wire going to the module. I fixed that, then took a wire wheel to the frame and painted it. It's all good now.

IMG_1002 (Large).JPG
Driver seat Red (Large).jpg

Rust Carpet (Large).jpg

Painted frame (Large).jpg

IMG_0998 (Large).JPG

Have you found most seat frames rusty like that? It seems most that I have seen have been.

As always, good work. :thumbsup:

Thanks JP, yes, some are, this one was worse than most though. Whenever I remove a seat, It seems I have to clean and paint at least the mounting areas.

My convertible came with a wet carpet, and it had been wet for some time, those seat frames were so bad I just threw them away when I rebuilt the interior.

Back