Couple of mod questions

T man

Registered
Does wrapping the headers produce the same effect cooling effect as having ceramic headers?

Do longtubes produce more HP and torque than midlenght?

Where does the drone come from with exhaust mods for the mark 8?

If i'm correct the exhaust manifolds on the car connect through a tube that wraps around the lower front of the engine bay..? Whats the purpose of that?

Does wrapping the headers produce the same effect cooling effect as having ceramic headers?

Realizing you meant to say 'insulating effect'... the ceramic coating is meant to reduce radiant heat from the exhaust manifolds as well as protection against corrosion. While typical 'header wrap' products are meant to reduce radiant heat escape, it does nothing to prevent corrosion and may in fact actually contribute to such corrosion depending upon environmental factors. However, header wrap is usually more effective at reducing underhood temperatures.

Do longtubes produce more HP and torque than midlenght?

Typically, yes.

Where does the drone come from with exhaust mods for the mark 8?

IMHO, it would be due to the open type muffler employed.

If i'm correct the exhaust manifolds on the car connect through a tube that wraps around the lower front of the engine bay..? Whats the purpose of that?

I think you must be referring to the AIR smog system where air is pumped into the exhaust manifolds to reduce emissions under certain operating conditions.

I think you must be referring to the AIR smog system

The tube connects to this port on the exhaust manifolds. Is this the air smog system?:confused:

exhaustmanifold.jpg

The tube connects to this port on the exhaust manifolds. Is this the air smog system?:confused:

Yes.

A description from the manual...

Secondary Air Injection Pump

The secondary air injection pump (AIR pump) is:

~ an electric air pump which supplies pressurized air to the engine to aid in the reduction of emissions during the first 20 to 120 seconds of engine operation.

~ controlled by the powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650).

~ remote mounted and incorporates a non-serviceable filter and splash shield.

last ? I think

last ? I think

the EGR tube... Is that the air smog system that you just talked about? :eek:

the EGR tube... Is that the air smog system that you just talked about? :eek:

No, the EGR is a separate emission system which recycles exhaust back into the intake unlike the secondary air injection which pumps air into the exhaust.

I got the JET-HOT coating on my Vette headers and it does help to keep in the heat as well as keep them looking good.

Back