1941 Continental

dirty old man

Registered
All I can say is that I have been in love with the original Continental since I first saw it in a movie that involved the attack on Pearl Harbor, and it wasn't "Tora, Tora, Tora".

Being a street rodder at heart, I would love to take an original and keep the appearance the same, and insert a modern powertrain and brake/suspension system.

RE: 1941 Continental

Very much along those lines! Nice car! And, for once, a street rod w/o the small block Chev.

The '48 Connie was/is a sharp car, but, true to the Detroit tradition of "new and improved", Lincoln had, over the time from ''41-'48, changed the grill and trim enough, IMO, to make a much heavier look to the car. To me, the '41 has a much cleaner, lighter appearance.

Weekend before last, the Southern Cruisers, a car club of which I am a member here in Griffin, GA., had a cruise in meet.

One of the cars as a '38 Caddy 4dr. sedan, with modern suspension and running gear, & a 500 cid Cad. engine! The car was flawless in appearance all over, inside and out.

Sort of makes me wish I had stored away one of those big old land yachts of the '30s-early '40s that were available for almost nothing back when I was a teenager in the '50s.

Here in GA, with our heavy annual rainfall, now acid rain, anything that has been left outside that long is rusted away.

I do have a neighbor who has a '39 Cad 4dr he has had since '54, and it is definitely a good candidate for such a project.

But, the '33 Ford street rod I amm just getting started on will take all my spare time and dollars for quite a while to come.

There does seem to be a trend, though, that men of the WW2 gen are getting older and either dying of or selling off these old cars, and, with the exception of real classics like the Connie, the prices are coming down, as most of today's enthusiasts aren't interested in these cars.

So, maybe someday, if I live long enough!

RE: 1941 Continental

my dream Lincoln would be a 63-64 continentalwith suicide doors and Transplant the engine tranny and interior from a gen1 Mark like in the car above of course my engine would be tuned by lms so the sleeper could really move.and oh yeah the color....black primer with 18" chrome torque thrust wheels,did I mention using an air ride system also

Back