Sandy Block

aeggers867

Registered
I currently own the pink Mark VII ahown in Member Rides. Does anyone know how to contact her, her family, or anybody else who knows anything about her or this car?

I bought the car in 1896 and brought it to Florida. It has been a "garage queen" ever since. It's has only 17,000 miles (had less than 10,000 when I bought it) and is in showroom condition.

Please E-mail me at Aeggers867@aol.com. Thanks.

RE: Sandy Block

This is Sandy. I am present. By the way, the last time I looked, I was born with this thing called a penis!

You may e-mail me at
cigarsandy@comcast.net

Yes, I had the car custom-made for me in 1986. I have all the answers you are seeking.

S A N F O R D
A
N
D
Y

It's TRUE, EVERYONE!!! I just can't believe it!!! I am SO SO SO happy! Mr. Al Eggers of Florida found me on this web site. He actually owns one flawless 17,000 mile PINKIN. Checking VIN yes, it is MY car. :) :) I am OH SO HAPPY to find that PINKIN is alive & VERY well and in as new condition & is also LOVED by her present owner.

As you who have known me, could tell, I was so saddened by the word that Pinkin had been trashed. This is such great news. I am gonna see if Alexander or Kale can change the writing under PINKIN'S photo, and I am gonna get a new photo (current) of Pinkin! LONG LIVE THE PINKSTER !! :)

Ain't the Internet great? Before Algore invented it, this reunion would have been next to impossible. :)

And when I called you on the phone Sandy you doubted it, looks like you got some bad info in the past. Nice to know it is out there and well cared for.

We were on the phone 1 hour and 45 minutes!

I sold Pinkin in 1990, to purchase the Azura Blue McLaren. Mileage on Pinkin was 10,008. This man bought it with 10,166 five years later, in 1996 ! It was in storage. Today, in Florida it has 17,000 onit, and he tells me it's flawless! Yes, this internet is GREAT. Without the internet, and without Lincolns of Distinction this GRANDE re-union never woulda happened! I am SO up & happy! :) :) :) :) :) I just can't tell you people. Hopefully he'll send me a picture. He & his wife use it very little - about 1,000 miles a year, and he joined OUR group! He is among us. We now have Pinkin & Winkin & greenKIN all together.... Wooo Hoo. I am giddy!! Karen is now sporting ear plugs she can't stand to hear anymore!! :) :) :)
All in one place.....at the same time. This is TOO good !!
He found his way here, and can you imagine went looking at MEMBER'S RIDES!! Owning a '96 Mark VII he naturally went to see them. Can you imagine his SHOCK to see HIS car????

Damn Internet. I just know my 7th wife is going to get a computer and discover search engines.

Sandy - this is a great story! I would love nothing more than to reconnect with one of my old cherished cars like you did!

How fun it would be to find one of my old prized vehicles - owned and doing well by an equally enthusiastic owner.

I can't wait for the picture of the "present day" Mark 7.

Sandy,

Wow, I guess I made your day with current news of PINKIN. Actually another Lincoln Mark VII lover found your member rides section and asked me if that was my car. I checked the old paperwork I got with the car and found that it was.

Anyway, yes it's a great car and still in showroom condition. It's a garage queen used only when we need it. At this rate it should last 100 years (1000 miles per year). I did remove the tires and store them (put on another set) because I didn't want to hit the interstate roads at 70 mph with 17 year old tires. I could have them remounted to restore PINKIN to 100% original since it still has everything original, even belts and hoses.

I am amazed that you parted with PINKIN since you are still obviously in love with her.

I'll study the records I got with the car to see if I can figure where it was between 1990 and 1996 when I bought it (only 158 miles later).

Al Eggers

Al,

Welcome to the Lincolns of Distinction.

I hope you will join our club.

If you e-mail me some current pictures of the car, I can post them.

Alexander
President
Lincolns of Distinction

""Wow, I guess I made your day with current news of PINKIN....""

Day, week, month AND year!! :) 'Ya, I always loved that Pinkin! :)

Sandy:
Really happy to see that you and the new owner of "Pinkin" got together to reminisce. http://www.venturalink.net/~rlking/smiley-bounce.gif It's hard to believe that a car could have had two caring owners, let alone three, in its lifetime. That may be the wrong term, since it appears that its lifetime will be much much longer with such care and caring.

Bob

Yes, Pinkin is a real neat car in showroom condition with only 17,000 miles. The only reason I can treat a car like this currently is because I am retired and don't have to commute to work every day AND because I have another daily driver (a 1997 Crown Vic. with 90,000 miles). I suspect Sandy loved this particular car more than I do, and he went through an awful lot of trouble to have it built HIS WAY. Actually, I have had a lot of neat cars over the years that I would have treated exactly like this if I could have: '50 Ford with custom work and full race engine, '55 Ford pink and black convertible, '55 T-Bird, '74 Torino Grand Sport (Starsky and Hutch), '79 and '89 Mustang 5.0s (man do they go!). Anyway, I love Mark VIIs and Pinkin is the second best one I have ever seen. I would rather have the best one, a local '92 LSC with 7,000 miles, but the owner wants mucho $$$$ and my income prohibits owning two of these great machines.

Al, you do have the best one! :) A 17,000 mile, 17 year old one-off, has got to be worth more than a 11 year old ultra low mileage run of the mill example. True, it may be mint & have lower mileage, but in its "day" Say 1992 ~ it was no different than oh maybe 10,000 others in dealers inventory across the USA. NOBODY had a "Pinkin" :) :) BY THE WAY....
I located the people who bought Pinkin! I sold it to Russ Nairn of Pittsburg, who owned Russ Nairn Classic Cars. At the time, his pal was Dave Malick also of Pittsburg, and Russ then sold it to Dave. Dave lived at 769 Wyngold Drive in P'Burg, Pa. His # is 412-364-4686. Everything he says is not necessarily the entire truth, however, experience indicates.

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if Oprah Winfrey would want to do a show about this "reunion"? :)

I thought this car was run into the ground and junked? where did you hear that from? glad to see that you found her again and are happy. allthough I don't see why anyone would wanta car that color. sorry but thats horrible.

I heard it from a cop in Pittsburg, who had known the car, and wanted to buy it if & when it was ever for sale. When he no longer saw it "around" he began asking around, and he was told that the owner traded it in on a 1993 Explorer and the Ford dealer then sold it to some 18 year old, who beat on it, and never made a single payment, and it was repo'd and then later sold to a wholesaler who shipped it to Florida. I subscribed to carfax and ran the VIN which came back that it had been issued a SALVAGE title in Florida. A salvage title usually means a vehicle was junked.

Sorry you didn't like it. Most everyone though it was great. I was always being stopped at lights & asked if I wanted to sell it. In 1959 Ford sold over 15,000 'Birds in that color and Cadillac sold over 55,000 in a very similiar color. A pink Caddy at auction today commands a very high price. At Scottsdale Auction, in 1990 a blue convertible brought $5,000 less than an equal condition pink one did.

Granted, it is unusual, and therein is the beauty of it. It's not for everyone, and that is what keeps it unique. I happen to like COLOR. I am sick & tired of silver, white & black cars. It's gotten boring allready.

Back