? on sound system replacement, muffler...

eaglejm

Registered
Hey I am adding a 5 channel alpine sub and am wondering if there is any best way to run the cableing, not sure how I am going to run the stereo cable from the cd player to the amp, havent tried ripping the car apart to find a place for the wires. Also anyone have a suggestion on a good sized sub to put in the trunk and any ideas on a box (best size, etc) Also needing a new muffler as my old one pooped out on me and now the car has some actual roar when you gun the engine. Mine is a newly repainted and converted to springs 89 LSC titanium finish. I am gonna sink near a grand in the sound system for the car just for kicks. Otherwise I need to replace the top of the dash (cracking, any ideas for ways to get a new one?) and need to recover the seats or something. Other than that I may get into suping up the engine some since its all stock. ANy ideas welcome, pics on the way soon.

RE: ? on sound system replacement, muffler...

Amp is in and its all rockin. Pics this weekend once I organize the trunk situation better, put a 12" sony sub in the trunk. Alpines 5 1/4's in the front and for the temporary sony 6*9s in the rear. An alpine v12 5 channel amp is powering everything.

I got to drill through the firewall! hurray!

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Amp is in and its all rockin. Pics this weekend once I organize the trunk situation better, put a 12" sony sub in the trunk. Alpines 5 1/4's in the front and for the temporary sony 6*9s in the rear. An alpine v12 5 channel amp is powering everything. I got to drill through the firewall! hurray!
[/div]

Aw shoot! You're supposed to take pictures before, during , and then after if you plan to be a true Motorhead Nerd like us. Most of the time, peopl;e chop or tap into the wrong wires.

How are you supplying power to this set up?

[div align="center"][a href="http://www.LSCclub.org"]
http://www.lscclub.org/images/signature001.jpg[/a][/div]

I read two books (from cover to cover) about building your own sound system and i`m still not sure if I want to do it myself. I strongly recommend using some professionals if You want to achieve a decent result.If you really want to do it yourself, read a book by M.Rumreich "The car stereo cookbook". I would say its one of the best.If you ask about wires then i would say run signal wires separately from power wires to lessen the risk of el. noise. Good luck
Mel

Back