Lift/Jack Points

Taurus90

Registered
Hi!
... discussed several times in the main (Mark8) forum - but where are the right points for lifting (floor jack) and then jacking the front and/or the rear with the Mark VII?
I've got the shop manual but really don't understand (Maybe that's because English isn't my native language ...) where to place the jacks. In addition I'm not able to locate the referred crossmembers ...
Could anyone explain this for me? Maybe some pictures would help ...

Thanks!

From the manual...

Jack, Floor

WARNING:
ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIR SUSPENSION, THE ELECTRICAL POWER SUPPLY TO THE AIR SUSPENSION SYSTEM MUST BE SHUT OFF PRIOR TO JACKING THE VEHICLE. THIS CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED BY DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY OR TURNING OFF THE POWER SWITCH LOCATED IN THE LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT ON THE LH SIDE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN UNEXPECTED INFLATION OR DEFLATION OF THE AIR SPRINGS WHICH MAY RESULT IN SHIFTING OF THE VEHICLE DURING THESE OPERATIONS.

CAUTION:
The service jack provided with the vehicle is only intended to be used in an emergency for changing a deflated tire. Never use the service jack to hoist the vehicle for any other service. Refer to the Owner Guide when using the jack supplied with the vehicle.

WARNING:
TO AVOID INJURY FROM VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A TRACTION-LOK AXLE, NEVER RUN THE ENGINE WITH ONE WHEEL OFF THE GROUND, SUCH AS WHEN CHANGING A TIRE. THE WHEEL STILL ON THE GROUND COULD CAUSE THE VEHICLE TO MOVE.

When using a floor jack, the vehicle may be raised at several locations. The front of the vehicle may be lifted by positioning the jack under the center of the No. 2 crossmember. The front, as well as either side of the rear end, may be lifted by positioning the floor jack under the rocker flange at the contact points used for the service jack supplied with the vehicle.

CAUTION:
Do not attempt to use jack pressure on either front or rear bumpers of any unitized vehicle.

Position jacks under the rear axle housing tubes between the suspension arm brackets and the differential housing. Do not place jacks under the suspension arm brackets.

Sorry, the only picture I could find was for a frame contact hoist.

Attachments

• mini-Mark VII lift points.jpg
    mini-Mark VII lift points.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi!
I know the text and the picture from the Shop Manual - but didn't manage to understand 100% until now ... :confused:

So I treated the picture a little:
liftpoints1.jpg

Is it right that all red points will be lift and jack points?

As it all looks different in the reality :D I think last week the blue part I used for raising the vehicle at the front?

Olaf

I had 15 minutes to kill so I jacked up the 1990.

Back